Well OT - The apprentice has feally f****d it up this time

His 15 year old girlfriend is 28 weeks pregnant.

The daft sod.

Reply to
ARW

Well at least he's working, unlike a lot of them !

Reply to
Andy Cap

15? Hmm.

How old is the apprentice?

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Has he only just discovered this?

Was she his girlfriend 28 weeks ago?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

16.
Reply to
ARW

En el artículo , ARW escribió:

That's his life over, then. All for want of a johnny. He may have screwed her but he's the one that's gonna get f***ed.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

They tend to be somewhat lenient when it comes to rape when the girl is willing and the boy is 16.

The CSA are a different matter.

Reply to
dennis

Even if she was, he should get a DNA test done on the quiet. There's a lot of monkey business going on these days (always has been if the truth be known).

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

En el artículo , dennis@home.? escribió:

I didn't mean that, but the CSA etc. (as you say below) and having to help pay for the kid until s/he reaches 18 (it is still 18?)

Feel sorry for the girl, because she now has far fewer options in life than she otherwise would have had.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Or she may have more, young single mum, right at the top of the housing list (once she's old enough or before if parents throw her out), goodly amount of benefits...

But a 16 year old apprentice gets £3.30/hour. Nominal 9-5 not paid for lunch £115.50 week (less NI?) he's not in a position to contribute much at all.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

They will take that into account and only take about 1/3 for now.

Reply to
dennis

Nah. You don't know how this works. She gets free social housing, and he moves in for a bit, gets fed up and buggers off, and she gets another man to f*ck, has another baby, and by the time she's 25 she's living off her back with 5 illegitimate kids all by different men in a 6 bedroom mansion, all paid for by the taxpayer.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Dont, she now has a guaranteed house and income for life, as an 'unmarried mother'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

En el artículo , Dave Liquorice escribió:

I /was/ trying not to be cynical :)

So ultimately the taxpayer will pick up the tab for little Johnny not using a johnny.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , The Natural Philosopher escribió:

Such cynicism, such negativity, such truth.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Surely they should know about human reproduction at that age?

It unfortunately, at least on paper seems he will now hae a criminal record then. My feeling on this is that rather than anykind of penal (haha) penelty, the pair of them should have to go out wearing a banner saying how stupid they have been for a few months, but there you are.

Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Don't you actually have to be convicted to get a criminal record?

The law has long recognised that there are fringe cases where one of the protagonists ,usually the male is just beyond the age of consent themselves and doesn't make too much fuss if the partner was willing especially if that partner is also close to the age of consent.

The term young mans licence comes to mind but this may not be an official term ,just something I heard many many years ago when a mates younger brother was caught in a compromising position with a 15 year old girl in a bus shelter of all places. No pregancy in that case , A bus load of passengers gawping must have interupted things before completion so to speak.

If the apprentice had got a 13 year old pregnant or he was 17 or older then it may be regarded more seriously.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Are you implying that as this apprentice isn;t very got at DIY that he might not have done this himself either ? ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

If the girlfriend was better at DIY she wouldn't have got a man in.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Perhaps they are stupid, but we are much more stupid than they are. Within weeks she will get a council flat paid for and furnished by us + a nice little weekly handout, etc, all at our expense, and essentially, for ever.

Just think what you had to do and how old you were before you got the keys to your first house/flat. I was 28...

Reply to
JoeJoe