Well OT - The apprentice has feally f****d it up this time

of the couple niether are on benifits, they have ditched that company now they were askign for all sorts of fees and extras too.

Which is why those either currently in the UK or coming to the UK that have kids OR\those that are at risk go into hotels if tehy can't find their own accomedation, and the last I heard few hotels did this for free.

It happened to a friend of mine in the late 80s and he was single, the DHSS couldn't find hime a room so paid for him to be in a hotel in paddington f or 4 weeks until they found him a place in campbell, dogs kennel hill estat e or something. The hotle was £95 per week even then for a room with just enopugh roomn for a single bed and a wardrobe whoe doors you couldn't full y open because it hit the edge of the bed.

Reply to
whisky-dave

They showed a back packer's hostel in London the other day on the local news.

6 beds in a room. 800 quid a month. Looked clean and tidy, though.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

there are 4 on that page (today) with 2 others offing reduced first month's rent

tim

Reply to
tim...

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

Must be very old cards.

Reply to
bert

And I know which one of those properties is a cold damp shithole.

Not saying that the school catchment area is good but the headmaster recently wrote to the parents asking them not to stand around drinking beer dressed in pajamas and onesies whilst picking the kids up from school.

Reply to
ARW

Some people still use the term. It's a bit like 'MoT test'.

Reply to
Bob Eager

So amongst all the left/right namecalling and generally setting the world to rights how are the apprentice and pregnant girlfriend?

Reply to
johnjessop46

Very famous now after all this publicity.

Ah. Forgot it was newsnet.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Indeed. I was local sub postmaster for a good few years, and was introduced to a social strata that I'd never really had much contact with. There are a lot of people living on benefits, and a lot of OAPs living on nothing but the state pension. Yes, it can be done, but no way is it easy. Any delay caused by a 'computer glitch' or whatever was a disaster. These people budgeted on a daily basis.

Most of the OAPs did not have a bank account. Everything was cash. Every week, pay a few quid off the phone, leccy, rent, council tax etc. What was left was divided around several purses for specific needs. A little put away for Christmas every week. Heartbreaking to watch.

Reply to
News

Yes, I've seen them blocking the aisles in Toys R Us with trolley loads of junk. They deserve to be starving in January

Reply to
Stuart Noble

For back packers NOT families. I know someone that uses them when he's back from working in Hollend as a tulip/rose budder.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Yes. I'm an OAP and know exactly how much it costs me to live. And I spend more than my OAP on basics.

It's always amusing when they put one of these people who think 'benefits' of any type over generous, and those who can't find a job merely work shy, to the test. It's been done a few times on TV etc. And they all end up changing their tune - or at least being proved to be talking nonsense.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

part snipped as it's longer than needed.

Letting fees information Should you wish to accept the property, then you be asked to pay a nonrefu ndable tenancy administration fee of £100 and half your first month's ren t. We will then take the property off the market and hold it for you for up to 30 days.

on the so called one months free rent...and still need a guarantor

Letting fees information Each tenancy is subject to a charge of £150 plus vat payable upon applica tion for one adult for the property an extra payment of £50 plus vat is p ayable for each additional applicant and any guarantor application this pay ment is an administration charge to cover our costs such as requesting refe rences and the removal of the property from the market. £25 plus vat is p ayable for each extension of the tenancy. All applications are subject to a cceptable references

I wonder how many syrain refugees/asylum seekers can afford this .... as they say they have given everything on the trafficers.

Would you be a guarantor for those coming from the EU to live in the UK ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

Yes - it's a difficult time to find the money to run the Jag too. And those OAPs would have been on the basic. Those who remembered to claim all the extras will have spent the winter in the Bahamas.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes. The TV item was about other than back packers choosing to live there

- due to the high costs of renting in London. Many in pretty well paid jobs choose to share a rented property to be able to afford it, so perhaps not so different. Except for the six sharing a bedroom. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

When you choose to there's little that can be done, but when there's a law that states that you cant have children of certain ages and adults sharing rooms/beds then as a govenrment you can't make brothers and sisters share beds. So you can't legally put a family of 4 (depending on kids sex/ages) in one room. A family of 4 paying their own way can share a single room if they want or even a single bed.

Reply to
whisky-dave

ARW wins the internet for the first ever correct use of the F word.

[george]
Reply to
DICEGEORGE

IME most distressed pensioners are also piss artists

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Then you need to widen your circle of OAPs.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well after listening to the secretaries gossiping (they all agree she knew she was pregnant a long time ago[1]) and after speaking to him myself

  1. He is in shock
  2. He told me it was condom that split
  3. He told another electrician that the pill failed because she was ill
  4. When I said "admit you did not use any contraception" he burst into tears
[1] They are convinced she knew and did not tell him on purpose. They are also convinced she wanted to get pregnant.

She is "keeping the baby and is going to stay on and finish school" - no idea how she will manage that after listening to the secretaries stories about her home life. It seems there is zero or little chance of her family helping her to look after the baby whilst she goes to school. They (it's a bit like Macbeth sometimes when you call in the office) are placing bets that the girl will move into his parents house when the baby is born.

Reply to
ARW