SEMI OT - Finally found the 'ultimate' pickup of my dreams

This covers all my vehicle needs perfectly - basic transportation, wood hauling, etc.

is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T

Dan Coby

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in news:23607-46F178A2-927@storefull-

3332.bay.webtv.net:

Add a coat of yellow gloss. And maybe a bumper in the rear. With one of those nasty trailer hitches that hang out the back to spear rice rockets.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Wed, Sep 19, 2007, 12:52pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (Dan=A0Coby) doth query: Why not something like this truck:

Because it can't be licensed for the street.

JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T

Wed, Sep 19, 2007, 4:06pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.comcast.net (Patriarch) doth sayeth: Add a coat of yellow gloss. And maybe a bumper in the rear. With one of those nasty trailer hitches that hang out the back to spear rice rockets.

Pain't roller, couple of foam brushes, canary yellow paint, no prob. I'd be very tempted to put on a bumber made out of a section of railroad track - and brake frequently when i look in my rearview mirror and can't even see the bumper on the car behind me.

JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T

The yellow gloss would help me stay away from that hitch.

Personally, I love riding a 600 pound pony with 150 horses. Problem is, that an idiot, who doesn't quite shave yet, and still says: Dooooode!!!", barely 16, can ride one of those crotch rockets. It is NOT the guy with the 976 Duc...

On the up side.... MANY people's lives are saved by donors who thought they could out-run that locomotive. It is not the gun, bike, small plane..... No offense, Barry, but you guys seldom leave anything useful at the scene. *G*.

I'm a bit giddy. My oldest daughter (27) is getting married on Saturday....to a most incredibly wonderful guy.... an English major..who'da thunk it?

r------> who thinks life is pretty good these days.

Reply to
Robatoy

I'd like to see you try to pull him over and tell him.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
sweet sawdust

He'll run into something he can't go under or through eventually. Those things are _huge_--won't go under most underpasses or through most tunnels or down many two lane streets between buildings.

If you've never seen one up close and personal, they're something to see. I've got a whole bunch of pictures of this one

that I need to put up--it's no longer in service, it's now an ornament in a park in Fermont, QC. The hubs of the wheels are at about eye level.

Reply to
J. Clarke

on 9/19/2007 7:49 PM Buddy Matlosz said the following:

What's the gas mileage?

Reply to
willshak

Robatoy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

The fuzzy headed fellow who, at age 17, whacked into my sons at 45 mph, driving an old Volvo tank, and put the back bumper into the back seat, and all walked away... I know the type.

I feel the same way. My mother was an RN.

Major congratulations!

Patriarch, who agrees. The new granddaughter is two weeks old today.

Reply to
Patriarch

on 9/19/2007 11:28 PM Patriarch said the following:

Well, you had better improve your English before talking to him. 'Who'da thunk it"? :-)

Reply to
willshak

I have a son-in-law who is an English major he's a very nice guy (If he makes my little girl happy, he must be doing something right ;-) The other son-in-law has a degree in aerospace engineering - and he also is a very nice guy.

John

Connection to wood: both daughters contributed gift cards toward the purchase of my table saw...

Reply to
John

| I'm a bit giddy. My oldest daughter (27) is getting married on | Saturday....to a most incredibly wonderful guy.... an English | major..who'da thunk it?

Congratulations!

Does that mean she'll become an east-ponder?

Morris Dovey

truck:

> Because it can't be licensed for the street.

Farm Use plates?

Reply to
Charlie Self

willshak wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com:

*trim*

*trim*

Nowadays, English isn't about nouns, verbs, and silly bulls. They quit that stuff when I was in 7th grade. It's Literature acadamia's interested in. "Improper" language is ok by them! (See "silly bulls")

If a Usenet post isn't great literature, I don't know what is.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

That would depend on whether it's loaded or not. With 150+ tons of ore on board it gets a lot less mileage than it does empty.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Little short on the wood hauling it looks like...appears to still be only 8-ft bed length...

Why am I thinking "day labor" here... :(

--

Reply to
dpb

Thu, Sep 20, 2007, 9:33am (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@non.net (dpb) doth mumble: Little short on the wood hauling it looks like...appears to still be only 8-ft bed length... Why am I thinking "day labor" here... :(

Oh, com on. Use some basic imagination. Obviously, you cut out the front of the bed. Tken take all the seats, but the front, out. You could carry telephone poles in there. Or your bass boat. Leave the seats in, carry a couple of little leage ball teams. Put your mom-in-law in the rear seat; or the wife, at times. Mega tailgate party. The list goes on. Imagination is a terrible thing to waste. Day labor? What kind of a disgusting mind do you have anyway? I even came up with the perfect paint job for it.

is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T

I was only commenting on the current configuration, not what it could become...

Actually, it looks like a damned fine job of the modification...

Don't have a clue of what the purpose really is, but from the body-hauling capacity, one must assume its primarily for migrant farm hands or similar.

For hauling, removing one cab section and inserting a shortbed bed section in its place would give a 14-ft bed, just about right for those runs to the sawmill... :)

--

Reply to
dpb