OT: Humour

Page 2 of 2
On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 14:18:02 -0800, Fred the Red Shirt

Don't know about hardness numbers, but that's about 72,500 PSI. For comparison, yield strength of a Grade 2 bolt is 36-57,000 and a Grade 5 is 81-92,000.
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

They use bolt cutters on rebar here..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Robatoy offers:

True stories: I used to work in a very prominent retail hardware store. We would get some odd questions, on occasion.
Lady calls and asks "ya know those 8x10 tarps you have advertised? Which way does the 8 go and which way is the 10?"
When mixing and selling paint in the paint department, we would always tell our customers buying large quantities of gallon sized paint cans to "box" their paint to ensure a good color continuity. This of course meant mixing the gallons together for color consistency. After a very large order of custom mixed paint was delivered to a customer so they could paint their house and trim, we got the phone call. I know, I know, but you're getting ahead of me. She was yelling about how the color was all wrong. Turns out, she mixed the main color with the trim color!
Had a lady come into the tool department. Her husband had sent her in to buy a 90 degree attachment for his electric drill. I showed her the item on the shelf. She balked at the price and asked, "well, couldn't he just bend the drill bit?
Rock tumbler display on an end-cap. Lady standing there for a long time, studying the tumblers and rock samples. We had rough rocks on one side and tumbled rocks on the other side of one of the tumblers. When I enquired if she needed help, she looked at me with a knowing smile and said, "you can't tell me those are the same rocks!"
--

Best Regards, Phil
Living In The Woods Of Beautiful Bonney Lake, Washington