OT: GPS

Page 2 of 2
"Dave in Houston" wrote:

This was WWII son.
About the only thing that got sprayed were potatoes.
Two (2) cuts of Alfalfa, oats, wheat and corn in rotation,
Other than corn, June, July, August were harvest times.
This was Northern Ohio where you can be up to your armpits in 6 ft of partly cloudy from Thanksgiving thru easter.
Rotate the crops, no need to lay fallow.
Today's economics dictate a different approach,

Sounds like Texas agriculture, not Northern Ohio.

Not during WWII, there wasn't enough gasoline available.

Might as well be.

Check the mirror son.
Lew

Don't know how common it is in other parts of the country, but here in the low deserts of AZ, pretty much everything is watered by irrigation.
I have driven past cotton fields being prepared for planting by plunking a rotating laser down smack in the middle of the field. The tractor has a laser receiver controlling the blade height. I assume this lets them get the field level to within a few inches, which makes for better distribution of the irrigation water.
Jerry

Same here! I gave the GPS voice a name. Now I can at least tell her to shut up. One out of two ain't bad :-)
Joe

Some friends call their's Stella (Recall classic Star Trek and Mudd)
Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org