OT: Un-hackable GPS replacement

I think a few people here will find this interesting, it astonished me:

nothanks

Yes, very interesting.

Reply to
newshound

I thought the plan at one time, was to bring back "Loran-C". As the backup system. The plan doesn't seem to be particularly in a rush.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

I remember some Russian boats were used once to confuse GPs systems with lots of near the horizon satellite signals which tenended to move targets either offshore or miles away from where they should be so missiles using gps could not hit a target anywhere nearby. I guess you could do the same if you mounted your pretend sat signal simulator on a vehicle instead, but the low elevation might somewhat give the game away. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa