Orchids and your GPS

Okay, so this lady drops by my greenhouse this afternoon and told me she was from Baltimore and was driving through the DC area and while on the road she typed "orchids" into her GPS system of her car and it told her where my greenhouse was and then led her to me. She did not apparently type the name of my business into her GPS, because she did not set out to come here. Is that weird or what?

Does anybody else have a GPS system in their car that will do this? Can you explain better how it works. It can't be connected to a phone book because I am not in a phone book.

"Tom-tom are there any orchids nearby?"

Reply to
al

I gave a Garmin Quest, and it does have a variety of "points of interest" built into the map software.

Al's Orchid Greenhouse is there, as is Cooper Design Group, just east.

Reply to
Ray B

Yes, Big Brother -is- watching.

J. Del Col (reporting from the Ministry of Truth)

Reply to
jadel

Dear Al,

It was the lady's GPS picking up your ACA!

Aluminium covered antennae!

Cheers Wendy

Reply to
Wendy7