One Man Saw - Red Green

Page 2 of 2
On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 15:33:12 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"

Bwahahahahaha! I did, Lew. I told Dish to shove it and switched to Netflix.
-- To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- J. K. Rowling
On 11/16/2010 5:33 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

yes you can. DVR. then wait 15 minutes and hit play. Let it record ahead of you whilst you watch and skip the commercials. I do it every thursday night.
--
Steve Barker
On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 15:03:26 -0800 (PST), David Paste

Probably not quite, but for news programming, the last time I timed it for the half hour nightly news, there were 13 minutes of commercials. For decades, I got pissed at the commercials always interrupting a movie.
On TV, a movie will take 2 hours to be broadcast. When you go to buy the same exact movie on DVD it's only, say, 87 minutes long. Disgusting.
I recall BBC America being a bit better than that, though. I wish they'd had more episodes of Red Cap. That Tamzin Outhwaite gal was a real looker and I thoroughly enjoyed the shows; less predictable than US programming.
-- To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- J. K. Rowling
Awesome!
The one I liked best was the snowplough dig-out saver.
A barrel of rocks, at the end of the driveway supported a vertical post inserted into it. At the top of the post was a pulley system with a rope attached to the end of a long 2x12, forming a ramp from the raised end at the barrel to the other side of the driveway (up-traffic).
As the plough came down the street it's tire ran up the ramped 2x12 and flattened it to the pavement. The other end of the pulley then hoisted up a plywood wall across the end of the driveway, rejecting any snow dumping from the plough blade.
He actually demonstrated it working like a charm (once!)... Was the best one yet!
I suppose some of you have seen this, but it's worth a rerun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRg8rJUXwQc

Sonny
Love those two guys - creative get "arounds" to work!
Martin