A&C book, anyone have this or seen this one?

I hadn't seen this author or title before. Can anyone give a review of it? It looks interesting.

Furniture Original Arts & Crafts Period Working Drawings

Frank Halstead - 1913

87 Hand-Drawn Plates on 87 single-side pages.

========================================================== Save the |||

Endangered SKEETS! ||| Web Application Programming ==========================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Mission Furniture: Original Arts & Crafts Period Working Drawings, Frank Halstead (1913): We were very fortunate in acquiring a set of 87 hand drawn plates for Mission Furniture produced in 1913 by Frank Halstead a couple of years ago. The problem was that these plans were printed on a very thick paper that had an extremely high acid content and over the last 91 years the paper had turned a dark brown making it very difficult to distinguish the black line drawings and the hand lettered dimensions from the background of the pages. We started working on this set a year ago and were successful in correcting the drawings just in time to introduce it at the Twin Cities 2004 Arts and Crafts Show in St. Paul, Minnesota. This book is sure to delight any woodworker looking for authentic, period Mission Furniture Plans!

Soft cover, 8" x 10-1/2", 87 singles sided plates $18.95

Josie

Reply to
firstjois

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:19:24 -0500, "firstjois" calmly ranted:

Um, Josie, why did you just quote what the Ebay ad said? I know what

-they- think since that was -their- ADVERTISING COPY. I had already been there and had seen that but I wanted to know if any of you had bought it and felt it was worth the price and trouble.

Oy vay!

========================================================== Save the |||

Endangered SKEETS! ||| Web Application Programming ==========================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I've not seen it before _and_ it certainly looks interesting _and_ for only $20 or so it might be something to take a risk with. My only concern with it might be the 8"x10.5" size - given the illustrated sample pages, could be a bit on the small side for detailed drawings and reproduction of the measurements.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 00:34:21 -0800, Fly-by-Night CC calmly ranted:

After looking more closely, -all- of their books look interesting. (Gustav's Library) At wholesale price, I'd buy 'em all. They ship media mail, so costs there are very low.

No, I need to get more work done instead. I hope ammonia doesn't mind being cold to do its work. It's fuming time in GP.

Endangered SKEETS! ||| Web Application Programming ==========================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Oy vay! I didn't copy Ebay, I looked up the author on Google and hit an Arts and Crafts site which seemed to praise the author liberally. If you hadn't heard of the author before I thought you might find the above interesting. LOL. You never know, do you?

Josie

Reply to
firstjois