Old Milwaukee Passes the Test (Don't Try This at Home)

Took the family to the beach in Destin for Thanksgiving. Too cold to swim, so we flew kites on the beach. Naturally, a resourceful guy like me brought along a cordless drill to wind up all that string. Glue a dowel into the hole in the spool of string, chuck it up in the drill; works like a charm. Got tired of kite-flying and put the drill on a towel to keep it out of the sand. An hour later, a rogue wave came MUCH farther ashore than any previous and washed over the entire beach party. I practically had to dig the drill out of the sand. Salt water and sand, what a combination. I figured it was gone for sure. Took my baby back to the condo and rinsed it under the sink while running it forward and backward, working the chuck to get the sand out. Turned the oven down as low as it would go for a few minutes, turned it off and put the drill in to drive out the moisture. Three days later, all seems well. I'll bet they didn't design it to take that, but I'm glad it did.
DonkeyHody
"We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is in it - and stop there; lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot stove-lid. She will never sit down on a hot stove-lid again---and that is well; but also she will never sit down on a cold one anymore." - Mark Twain
On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 20:27:01 -0600, "DonkeyHody"
......and in reply I say!:
I knew a dog that was hit by a car. After that, it would walk in front of a moving car, and only run away if it braked.

Send the company's marketing manager a testimonial. You never know what you'll get back in return...
Helluva story.

Most likely you'll get a brand new Ryobi cordless tool.
JE
RE: Subject
Now that is bad beer.
Even I won't drink it.