Don't try this at home!

I received one of the shower flow reducers free from Eaga discussed sometime ago in this group. Sent for so long ago that I had forgotten about it.

I duly fitted it to save the planet and sure enough it reduced the flow.

I should add at this point that I have a shower pump fitted (silly I know).

Well there I was nicely soaped up and "enjoying" the reduced flow, when suddenly there was a whooshing sound from behind the tiles and the shower stopped. I quickly turned off the shower and there was only a small damp patch on the ceiling below.

On removing the Aqualisa mixer I found that the plastic pipe fitting on the shower feed from the mixer had disintegrated and the pipe forced off.

So if you have a shower pump don't fit one of these flow reducers or the mixer will be damaged by the build up of pressure in the system.

Just one final tip I got the part from the Shower Doctor in Edinburgh, they are cheaper than most other shower spares suppliers and the new part arrived next day. I am nothing to do with the company but I thought they deserved a mention.

The new part was a pig to fit with only a small hole in the tiles to work through, but it is working again now WITHOUT the flow reducer.

Reply to
chudford

Send EAGA the bill for the repairs. I binned my device for the very reason you state. It causes too many problems and is not tested properly.

Reply to
Roger

You can reduce pump pressure with an electrical dropper instead

NT

No you can't.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Just thought I would mention the `shower doctor` Edinburgh as per previous poster. Used them twice and service and help second to none. I think they have a forum on the web as well. Also I have nothing to do with the company.

Reply to
SS

Wow. Yes.

Reply to