Shower with Main cold water and cylinder hot water

Hi Can someone advise what type of shower I need when I have mains cold water with cylinder hot water. What is a good shower type to use.

At the moment I have a normal lever mixer, but then you turn it just a little to the cold the water gets very cold. It generally hard to control and the shower water temp keeps changing.

Michael

Reply to
michael

Go for the Ideal Stadard Trevi Boost. Not cheap but very well made and good looking. Run a dedicated 22mm hot supply from the cylinder to the mixer and a 15mm cold water mains supply.

They work well giving high pressure showers as much as the mains can deliver. Get the tech specs of the Trevi and test your main pressure. These venturi mixers must be run within the makers specs. Problems are invariably poor installation.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

...or go for a pumped installation.

Reply to
John

Or preferably not.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I use a trevi boost and can recommend them. 22mm hot pipework with minimum number of bends very important, all the way from HW cylinder to shower.

If you can't meet the requirements for minimising flow restrictions, go for pumped.

Reply to
dom

I once looked into fitting a Trevi - but felt that there were some uncertainties and significant costs associated with 22mm pipework.

I feel it is a pity that there are no alternatives - perhaps using the cold pressure to pump the hot - rather than using a venturi arrangement.

Reply to
John

Were you frightened by one as a child? They are the obvious solution where pressure/flow differences exist. And a lot more convenient than replacing pipe runs.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Its also worth considering the cost of replacement 'cartridges'. I've replaced both Trevi & Aqualisa in relatively new houses (5-10 years old) so they don't seem to last long & can cost £100 ish.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Why not take the cold feed from the cold header tank - rather than from the mains - and then use a dual-channel boost pump, triggered by a flow switch? That's what I do - with plenty of flow, and good temperature control because hot and cold water pressures are equal.

Reply to
Roger Mills

You must eff off as you are a plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

There is the Trevi and Trevi Boost. The Boost is a venturi shower.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Until leaks or fails and all the nosie they make. A good pump is NOT cheap.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Nor is your idea of replacing all the pipework with larger. Plantpot.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You must eff off as you are a total plantpot. He put a pump on his kitchen tap. Yes, he did! One pump, one tap.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel