Okay, who's got the gloat?

Page 1 of 3

We've got arctic air moving south bringing a windchill temp of -43C. (Actual is -31C).
SOMEBODY south of me sucks big time.
--
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
- Mark Twain.

it's only a frosty 72F here today. with our wind chill, that would be around 72F. it's supposed to get really cold here this weekend, all the way down to 65F.
snicker
regards, charlie cave creek, az
83degrees F here in sunny N.C. Of course thats in the sun. only 75 in the shade. Going to the 40's this weekend so stop sucking

Then your last name is appropriate. I assume it's pronounce Freezin'?
I'm in warm sunny NC now, but I grew up in northern Maine. Coldest I've ever experienced was -58 F (-50 C) without factoring in wind chill.
I feel your pain.
Josh
Woops. That was supposed to be in response to Chris Friesen's post.
Well, you get the point.
Josh wrote:

Yep. Sounds exactly like that.

I used to bike to university all winter--big skidoo boots, mitts up to my elbows, ski goggles, face mask...
My personal best is -63C with windchill. But once you get below -30 or so it really doesn't matter...you just pile on more insulating layers.
Chris

Where in NC? You know that ShopBot is in Durham? I'm between Winston-Salem and Kernersville myself.
Rick

I'm right near by in Oak Ridge. I just got back from the gym I go to in Kernersville. Small world.
Josh

I'm right near by in Oak Ridge. I just got back from the gym I go to in Kernersville. Small world.
Josh
Hey Josh, I'm still up here in northern Maine, Presque Isle to be exact. Originally from Fort Kent. Still cold here, just like you left it, though winter's been a bit milder then normal. Are you from "the county"?

Yes, Eagle Lake. Went to high school in Fort Kent. Class of '90.
You?
Cool! I graduated in '89 from Fort Kent!! It's a small world! I'll have to check you out in my old year book. Do you still have relatives up here? Looking forward to the dog sled races coming up in March. Hard to come by woodworkers up here in northern Maine. Too bad you're in NC. Jeff Morneault

P.I._Maine wrote:

I looked you up this morning, and I recognize you. Definitely a small world.
My parents still live up there. My mom teaches at Fort Kent HS, but she wasn't there when you were. My father is one of the most talented woodworkers I've ever met; I wish I had a tenth of his skill. I can send you his email address if you're ever looking for a good resource in the area. If you've ever done any hunting or fishing in Wallagrass or Eagle Lake, you might know him. He was the game warden there for 20 years. Of course, that also might change your opinion of him. ;-)
Josh
Hi Josh, I wrote back yesterday but I must of hit a wrong button because it never went through. I actually have done quite a bit of hunting and fishing but have never met up with a game warden. I used to go up to Wallagrass (and still do on occasion) for partridge hunting. I'm sure it would be interesting to meet your dad some day, I'm always looking for insight from more experienced woodworkers. If you're ever in Presque Isle and got some spare time look me up! Jeff

Dave Balderstone wrote:

I'm in the same town as Dave. I went out to the garage without checking the thermometer. Was NOT ready for that first lungful...
Chris
Chris Friesen wrote:

And it's headed our way...
I was really enjoying my unusually rare 50F Jan & Feb bicycle rides here in CT.
Dave Balderstone wrote:

Cool here at 7000 feet in So Californicate. 25 dF at 1pm. Oh well.     mahalo,     jo4hn
Dave Balderstone wrote:

Good grief, that's -56F (actual)!
er
--
email not valid

-31 degrees Celsius = -23.8 degrees Fahrenheit
Locutus wrote:

-23.80
er
--