The "anti-gloat" question got me thinking....

A herd of cattle, a pride of lions, a gaggle of geese, a murder of crows, rash of lawyers.....

What do we call a group of woodworkers? (Aside from "the wreck"?)

-JBB

PS: I apologize in advance if this has been done before.

Reply to
J.B. Bobbitt

A dusting of woodworkers?

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

I was thinking "flitch".

-JBB

Reply to
J.B. Bobbitt

A guild ;-)

DJ Delorie

I asked my wife. She says, "It doesn't matter. If you have a group of woodworkers together they'll never hear you over their story telling."

Nova

LOL! Bring out a good chunk of hardwood & the focus changes!

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

H*ll, *everybody* knows that one.

Woodworkers are, after all, a _splinter_ group.

Reply to
admin

In keeping with the season...how about a "ghastly of woodworkers."

Reply to
kb8qlr

How about a "raft" of woodworkers?

Reply to
juan fandango

How about a "block" of woodworkers?

Reply to
juan fandango

I got it! a "garage" of woodworkers!

Reply to
juan fandango

A Lignum!

Reply to
Mark Hopkins

That would be a "whack of woodworkers".

-Doug (With apologies to the Forestry Forum)

Reply to
bole2cant

Reply to
Thomas Satrom

Ouch. That hurt.

-JBB

Reply to
J.B. Bobbitt

a block of chippers

Reply to
ChairMan

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 23:10:42 -0500, "Thomas Satrom" proposed:

How about a discord?

Luigi Replace "no" with "yk" twice in reply address for real email address

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

I have found a "descent of woodpeckers," a "gatling of woodpeckers," a "fall of woodcocks," and a "chord or woodwinds" but nothing for woodworkers so I guess we're free to invent our own. Here are a few suggestions:

a bark of woodworkers a cut of woodworkers a gloat of woodworkers a norm of woodworkers a ring of woodworkers a gripe of woodworkers a wane of woodworkers a joint of woodworkers

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

A horde (double meaning - describes the common practice of hoarding nice boards) A mob A posse A swarm

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

woodies ?

Reply to