Off topic, humor related;Step aside Lew, it's my turn tonight.

(First time I heard this one, your results may vary) Marc
John went to visit his 90 year old grandfather In a very secluded, rural area of Saskatchewan
After spending a great evening chatting the night away, The next morning John's grandfather prepared Breakfast of bacon, eggs and toast.
However, John noticed a film like substance on his plate, And questioned his grandfather asking,
'Are these plates clean?'
His grandfather replied,
'They're as clean as cold water can get em. Just you go ahead and finish your meal, Sonny!'
For lunch the old man made hamburgers.
Again, John was concerned about the plates, As his appeared to have tiny specks around The edge that looked like dried egg and asked,
'Are you sure these plates are clean?'
Without looking up the old man said,
'I told you before, Sonny, those dishes are as Clean as cold water can get them. Now don't you Fret, I don't want to hear another word about it!'
Later that afternoon, John was on his way to a nearby town And as he was leaving, his grandfather's dog Started to growl, and wouldn't let him pass.
John yelled and said, Grandfather, your dog won't let me get to my car'.
Without diverting his attention from the football game he was watching on TV, the old man shouted!
'Coldwater, go lay down now, yah hear me!'
On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 18:37:56 -0700, marc rosen wrote:

I heard a variation on that some years back. This old hillbilly was being visited by a bunch of relatives. After dinner, he gave a whistle and several hound dogs bounded in, jumped up on the table, and cleaned the nailed down plates. The relatives decided they had other folks to visit.
The old hillbilly said to his neighbor "It took me a week to teach'em that trick and the Lord knows how long it'll take to break'em, but it sure was worth it."

We've long allowed our dogs to perform the "pre-wash cycle" before the dishes go into the dishwasher. Some years ago, we had an acquaintance who developed the habit of inviting herself over for dinner. I decided next time, we would put the dishes back in the cabinet, instead of into the dishwasher, when the pre-wash was complete.