O/T What are the real truths? What is happening right under our nose?

Page 6 of 6

Oh, my. In '54, '55, I worked in a service station/garage. We were in Westchester County, NY, a high end place if one every existed, so we got 28.9 cents per gallon for regular, 32.9 for extra (Esso), and, when Esso Golden Extra (AKA avgas) came out, it was 38.9. The only people buying the Golden were Mercedes drivers and guys like me running stock U.S. iron with 10.5-1 compression ratios. Oddly enough, last year, after a lapse of 38 years, the guy whose father I worked for (Gene and I went to HS together until he bailed out to become a machinist and motorcycle racer) got in touch, and we got together. He's out in Santa Barbara now, another high end joint, but he's not any different (grayer and a few pounds heavier) than he was at 15, when we got locked up in Briarcliff Manor.
On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 08:52:49 -0700 (PDT), Charlie Self

28.9/32.9 is exactly the sort of differential I recall, and 38.9 for avgas (whether it's marketd as auto fuel or not) would be about right, too.
Of course in those days it would have been one of four grades of avgas, and for that price, it was almost assuredly 80/87 (red). I'm sure it wouldn't have been 115/145 (green or purple? I've forgotten).
I remember making a drive from Jacksonville down to Hollywood in 1969 or '70 and stopping in Vero Beach for gas. There had been some kind of spike (probably interstate premium) and they wanted something like 38 a gallon when I'd been paying more like 31. I pitched a fit pointing out I could get 80/87 at the nearby airport (and had just a week or so before) for 41. They were unmoved.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Swing, I guess that one slipped by me NOLA? A search gave mostly New Orleans hits. Fill me in (a guess: erasing borders with Mexico and Canada?) Tom

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 20:44:43 -0500, "Tom Bunetta"

Bingo. Swingman's a coon ass of the first order.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
The internet is still free, but not for long under the FALSE guise of National Security... Spread the word far and wide! Many won't believe but a few literate people WILL and if we can reach enough, soon enough, perhaps we can avoid what is beginning to seem inevitable. Tom http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/NWO/Council_Foreign_Relations.htm