O/T What are the real truths? What is happening right under our nose?

Renata wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yer wrong. NIMBY. California is a different country. Our laws prevent the building of new refineries and drilling for new oil. I don't know why the refinery closed in Ca., but I'm sure it wasn't through choice. If we allow unrestricted drilling, the way things are now, it would have no bearing on our fuel price. The oil would simply go on the open market. If we would allow new refineries, the price would lower, assuming local crude; how much, probably very little. The International market drives oil prices. The only way to affect our prices is to mandate to American companies their price structure if they wish to sell in the USA. That'll work. Senator Clinton said (last night) that, if she were president, she would file suit against the oil companies and oil producers under what was once called the Taft Hartley Act. To wit monopolies. That will surely work.

Reply to
Hank

Doug Winterburn wrote in news:eHmRj.105449$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe14.phx:

The federal tax is $.18 per gallon. All other taxes are state and local.

Reply to
Hank

Renata wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I guess that means no.

Reply to
Hank

"Swingman" wrote in news:GYydnS1UH6hrO4rVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Lying to Gongress? Liars prosecuting liars. If I could give the world an enema, about 600 hundred syringes would be appropiate for the DC area (I've included a few aides and newspaper people). The asshples of the world.

Reply to
Hank

"Tom Bunetta" wrote in news:h7ZRj.1309$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews8.bellsouth.net:

Fuck You

Reply to
Hank

Yes, that's what I said - federal and state averages 47 cents per gallon. Since federal is 18.6 cents for gasoline (24.6 cents for diesel), the average state tax is 29 cents per gallon.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Charlie Self wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

Out of the showroom?

Reply to
Hank

Charlie Self wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

I could take most '57s. Couldn't take vettes that had a driver. A good '57 power pack with a driver could take me at least half the time (if not more). I was running a '41 ford coupe, '48 59AB block Merc bored and stroked. Had Edelbrock 10:1 heads, Fenton triple manifold, running Strombergs. Had an Edelbrock 3/4 cam that I screwed around with. Polished valves, and light springs. Was running a Linc Zepher trans with a 4:11 rear. Pissed me off when stuff out of the showroom was beating me. I guess I ushered out the 'Flathead era'. Left me no choice, but to join the crotch.

Reply to
Hank

Charlie Self wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@d45g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

Charlie, check Rev. Jackson and Rev. Sharepton again. A quarter of a million to them is chump change. The Reverend Sharpton pays more for his hairdo (whoops), I mean haircut, than President Clinton, Senator Kerry and Senator Edwards combined. Up here in Windham, NY, I pay (still have a pretty good head of hair) $12 and that includes a 20% tip.

Reply to
Hank

innews: snipped-for-privacy@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

I've had my flatheads--most recently (about 40 years ago), a '51 Ford business coupe I'd love to get back.

Showroom stock super cars really began in '56, I think, with the Chev power pack 265. The next year, the power pack 283 was a pisser, and my '57 was the Urine 8 of them all, at least around where I lived (dear old Westchester County, NY, a place I joined the crotch to leave). I was paying $78.37 a month on that '57 when I went to Parris Island at a munificent $78 a month (no uniform allowance that first 14 weeks). Mom sold it. It was probably just as well. 1957 was the first year of mandatory auto insurance in NY, with about a 65 buck premium. I think within five years that had hit $200.

Reply to
Charlie Self

innews: snipped-for-privacy@d45g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

Hair is about the only thing I have left. It costs about 12 bucks here, with tip. Wotinell happened to the 75 cent haircut? My biggest expense in the crotch. "Self, get yer hair cut!" Self, getcha goddamned hair cut!" About once a week.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Not true.

U.S. companies are typically at around 41% (35% federal and 7-8% state, less federal deduction for state taxes).

Dave - Parkville

Reply to
Dave - Parkville, MD

And for those dismal numbers their stock took a four percent hit yesterday, down $3.47/share to $80-something. It seems their worldwide production is down some 10%. Go figure.

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave in Houston

The taxes you see on the income tax line of the income statement are ONLY taxes based on income, not fuel taxes or payroll taxes.

Dave - Parkville

Reply to
Dave - Parkville, MD

snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

The effective income tax rate is tax expense divided by income before taxes.

Dave - Parkville

Reply to
Dave - Parkville, MD

That would be the "regular boys" haircut like those my dad would force me to get. Flatops for summer were a a buck-fifty plus mandatory Butch Wax. That would've been the late 50s.

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave in Houston

Where, in the above paragraph do I say that I believe the WTC disaster was an inside job? My blurb is about the right to ask questions.

HOW did you get from my statement: " it is OK to ask questions" to:

(your statement) "but if you actually believe that the current administration actually engineered and carried out the 9/11 attacks, in the process killing almost 3000 people and destroying the twin towers, you deserve nothing *but* ridicule."

You are putting words in my mouth.

The fact that I think it is prudent to ask questions, does NOT automatically mean that I bolt onto the nutbars who believe that Bush blew up the WTC out of anger because he was pissed off by the interruption of the love triangle between him and Janet Reno and Condy Rice.

To blindly swallow the Administration's 'approved' bullshit, makes you somewhat similar to a party-follower from the 1930's Germany. (May I remind you how well that ended?)

The rest of reply to me is nothing but a collection of red herrings and straw-men. DO try to stay on topic.

Robatoy

Several years ago, I got tired of being charged $20 to cut my mostly bald head at barbershops. They'd zip along with an electric shave set on #3 level to get the few hairs I had left that would still grow. Went out and bought myself a hair trimmer for $25 and haven't paid a cent since. One of the very few benefits of being bald, or mostly so.

Reply to
Upscale

If you re-read my post, I think you'll find that's the essence of what I said.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

You're not my type... Take a look at the pics on apbw... Given the "official" story, how could they be? tom

Reply to
Tom Bunetta