O/T: Protection

Both.

Reply to
LDosser

The OJ case being one of the most publicized examples.

Reply to
LDosser

Okay, I'll simplify: There is NO legal difference between shooting someone in the foot or in the head, assuming that the subject lived or died in each instance.

If the shooting is not justified, the shooter is guilty of either murder or assault with a deadly weapon. The location of the bullet hole has no bearing on the criminal charges.

Reply to
HeyBub

"I walked over to kick the gun from his hand and he twitched. So, being in fear for my life, discharged my weapon one more time."

Reply to
HeyBub

(nudge-nudge, wink-wink)

Reply to
HeyBub

I agree. That's why I carry a .45.

I carry a .45 because they don't make a .46.

Reply to
HeyBub

You really want a gun ban don't you?

Reply to
J. Clarke

I think this can boiled down to a simple thought.

If you are in a close quarters conflict, requiring force, the first priority is to stop the son-of-a-bitch. Not pick legs, arms, heads, or toes. That usually calls for a dead-center torso shot.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Ok, let me try this again with shorter sentences. You make no sense. Could you please ask the question(s) again? I'd like to know what I'm answering.

Reply to
krw

I didn't know Nichole, and squeeze, attacked OJ in his house. I missed that part.

Reply to
krw

But they do make a .50Mag.

Reply to
krw

Simplicity is eloquence. Well distilled. :-)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

You asked: Are you always this dumb?

I asked back: Are you always this TIC impaired? AND Or have you never seen a perp's relatives sue the victim?

So, the answer to your question is No, not always and not in this case.

Now, you can:

a. ignore and move on b. answer my questions c. request further clarification d. come up with a joint statement that we can both sign

Reply to
LDosser

No, but OJ was sued for wrongful death and lost after being found Innocent of the killing by a Jury. If you gun down a perp, the prosecutor may choose not to charge you with anything, but the perp's relatives may choose to sue you for wrongful death and Win.

Reply to
LDosser

Which is true but irrelevant unless you feel that it is better to be dead than be sued. If you do feel that it is better to be dead than to be sued, when they sue you you can always shoot yourself with the same weapon with which you shot your assailant.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Me? Hell no! I carry a Glock 9mm and a .22 BUG (Back-up gun). I've got either a Glock 10mm or .40 cal stashed in almost every room. We won't even talk about the car. I've also got some armament that can "reach out and touch someone."

I live in a fairly backward state (Texas) that won't allow open carry or guns on campus.

I hold that all citizens should demonstrate acceptable marksmanship before being allowed to vote or own taxable property and that the laws on justifiable homicide be relaxed to include people who smell funny.

Reply to
HeyBub

Absolutely not true for all states. In some states the version of "Castle Doctrine" in place prohibits civil suits for wrongful death or injury.

If you would provide your home state (instead of posting via an anonymizer), I can tell you whether immunity from civil liability is active where you live.

Reply to
HeyBub

If you don't want a gun ban then stop using inflammatory rhetoric that makes you look like the sort of nutcake that the gun control advocates want people to believe are typical firearms owners. You're playing into a stereotype here.

And before you say "freedom of speech" consider that every right carries with it a duty to use that right responsibly.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Only if there is finding of self-defense. He quite rightly points out that if the matter is never adjudicated then one is open to civil suits.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Not in this state (Washington) and others that have laws to prevent this.

Reply to
CW