RE: O/T: Yawn

Guess it is one of those days.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Things will change next year.

Reply to
Meanie

I have Avast also, but don't advertise it.

Reply to
G. Ross

That didn't come out like I meant it. I meant that I don't let them use me for free advertising.

Reply to
G. Ross

On Mon, 30 Dec 2013 02:24:22 -0500, "G. Ross"

Aren't you advertising it by saying that you also use it?

Reply to
none

It appeared after I started using it and I cannot find it to delete. If you can offer suggestions to remove it, I'll be more than willing to do so.

I use Thunderbird and it's not in my signature line.

Reply to
Meanie

There used to be a place to turn off the mail sig but I don't see it in v2014. Possibly, turn off the mail shield, it serves no purpose...it is redundant.

Reply to
dadiOH

There are different versions of Avasti. You pay more money, they don't spam everybody.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I use the free version of Avast.

Reply to
G. Ross

I also use the free version which I assume is why it's there and one reason why I simply decided to tolerate it after failing to discover how to delete it.

Reply to
Meanie

You can clear it, fire up the Avast UI. (thinks works for v9.x free) Settings->Active Protection -> Mail -> (Click on the gear) -> Behaviour

-> Uncheck Insert note into clean outgoing.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

test

Reply to
Meanie

Woohoo, that did it. I assume that's what dadiOH was referring to also. In mail, there's an option which I overlooked in mail shield "scan newsgroup message". I unchecked it and that was it.

Thank you both.

Reply to
Meanie