RE: O/T: Change

Time has certainly brought change.

When I first started building the boat, T-Shirts at the T-Shirt store were 5 for $10.

Today, those same T-Shirts are 2 for $9.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

The "Menards" shirts, available in at least a half dozen styles are

6.99, and free after in-store rebate. Good quality too. I have more than several. You may have to get one on your travels, Lew.
Reply to
Bill

When you started building the boat I was working at a drugstore for $50 per week. But my rent for a furnished apartment was only $50 per month. I was doing ok.

Reply to
G. Ross

Got married in 1966 making less than $100 a week. Bought house a few months before the wedding. Mortgage, taxes, insurance came to $84. Raised two kids had two cars and only one income.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Yeah, back in the late 60's I was buying three-packs of blue chambray shirts at Sears for $3.75, if my memory serves. A single blue chambray shirt today goes for at least $36. Of course they're way better shirts than the cheapies I was buying then, but still...

Tom

Reply to
tdacon

In 1970, started work at $1.50/hr. I pay about the equivalent of about 1/2 hour for a shirt, now.

Reply to
krw

----------------------------------------------------- "tdac> Yeah, back in the late 60's I was buying three-packs of blue

---------------------------------------------------------- My starting point was 1992.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I thought you started right after Noah and used his plans. I stand corrected. ;>)

Reply to
G. Ross

----------------------------------------------------- "tdac>

Lew Hodgett wrote:

----------------------------------------- "G. Ross" wrote:

--------------------------------------------- Touc'he

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

And a cheap pack of cigarettes (Marvels or Avalon) in the early '50s was

12 cents :-). The good ones cost 20 cents.

My first full time job ('56) paid $47 a week. I was making more than that an hour when I retired and I was still broke :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

After graduating from a bookkeeping school in Denver in 1959 and coming home in Nebraska my first job keeping books for a propane company was $45.00 per week,no insurance and I was married and had 1 child and paid

45.00 a month rent. Still married to the same sweetheart [only girl I ever dated]-I have three children now, a retired Col. in the Air Force, a retired Maj. in the Army and a retired Dental Hygienist. Quit smoking in 1965 and was paying .20 cents a pack for Winston.
Reply to
JAS