O/T George Carlin

Page 3 of 3
On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 23:00:56 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"

Even though he's malicious, I really like Ron White.
Other funny new guys Brian Regan, Jim Gaffigan, Pablo Francisco...
I would have loved to see if Mitch Hedberg had staying power.
"B A R R Y" wrote:

I must be living in another world, never heard of any of them.
Lew
On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 23:50:18 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"

Comedy Central & TiVO...

Lewis Black tops my short list.
Dave in Houston
On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 19:21:06 -0500, "Dave in Houston"

I like him too!

I like Lewis Black also. My wife, who doesn't like a lot of comedians, loves both George Carlin and Lewis Black.
Two things about Lewis Black I find funny. The first is simply the outrageous rants he does. Great stuff. The other thing is when he gets to the puch line, he holds up his little, tiny hands and waves those little, tiny fingers around. It just puncuates the rant very well.
On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 23:14:07 -0400, "Lee Michaels"

A few years ago, I went to see him live. Lewis had a terrible cold, or possibly the flu. To his credit he put on a fantastic, full length show.
on 6/24/2008 11:14 PM Lee Michaels said the following:

He's 'air strangling'.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Foxworthy cracks me up. Especially when he starts talking about his redneck relatives Uncle Doug and Aunt Rose.
My wife's name is Rose.
And some of that "you might be a redneck if ---" stuff hits mighty close to home, which just adds to the amusement: * own more pairs of boots than sneakers - check * know how to milk a goat - check * wife can field-dress a deer - check

Amen, brother, AAAmen!
"We are sorry to interrupt this message, we are going live to McCain's proposals of going green." (A right-winger going green!!)
"Get back here, George!! We are not done here yet!!!"
On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 06:42:24 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"
He was one of my top five favorites.
He's also stood the test of time. RIP!
On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 06:42:24 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"

Hate to hear that. Just recently thinking about him or really trying to remember the routine about a place for "your stuff". Since we are considering moving, I've been on a rant lately about getting rid of a large part of our "stuff". Made me think about GC.
Frank

The wake is on...
http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=3687694

Insult humor is easy, and not funny if you are close to the person insulted. I disliked Redd Fox and Don Rickles both. Guys like that in other venues just got smacked in the mouth.

Carlin made fun of words, government, the establishment and the like. The comedians that make fun of individual people are not very funny. Don Rickles comes to mind.
Robin Williams can be very funny but I turned off one of his HBO special after about five minutes. All he did was grab his crotch and use the "f" word. He is more talented than that and seemed to be pandering to a young audience.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Eddie Murphy was the same way. Watching one of his HBO specials, I was struck by the delivery. He would tell a raunchy joke, look at the audience with a look like a little kid who just said something "naughty" in front of adults, then, when the audience laughed, changed the look to "OK, they accepted that one, let's see if I can get away with something a little worse" and then proceed to tell something even more offensive, again, followed by that same, "I just said @#$% in front of Mom, is she going to slap me now?" look. It went on that way through the entire delivery.

Thanks. The DVR has been set.