O/T: Amazing

Page 10 of 10
On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 16:29:53 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard

It is also spent on advertising the drugs they went out of their way to produce, to make people think they had some new disease, which the drug in question just happens to cure.
Pharmaceutical advertising is in the tens or hundreds of billions annually, depending on your scope.
-- If you're trying to take a roomful of people by surprise, it's a lot easier to hit your targets if you don't yell going through the door. -- Lois McMaster Bujold
On 6/30/2012 5:17 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Yeah, a far twenty third place behind the ads for tennis shoes, ambulance chasers, campaign ads, greeney ads, etc
Larry Jaques wrote:

It's called Mutual Assured Destruction. Canada, for example, goes to Pfizer and says: "We'll pay your cost of production plus ten percent for your new miracle drug."
Pfizer says: "Not by the hair of our chinney-chin-chins!"
Canada comes back with "Then we'll abrogate our treaty on mutual patent protection under the rubric of saving lives. The World Court and everybody else will be on our side."
"We'd be more comfortable at 12.5%..."