Repubs want me to vote by mail

Just got an automated recorded call asking me to vote by mail to avoid crowds and long lines. The spokesperson was Nikki Haley, a Republican.

Press 3 to request a ballot.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I read somewhere that we should say "republicans" instead of "repubs".

Reply to
Transition Zone

Some cons benefit from mail services more than others, I guess.

Reply to
Transition Zone

Of course. "Democratic" is an adjective, whereas "Democrat" is a nounc.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

Why would that be? Democratic implies that the voters count but your party packs the conventions with super delegates who can override the will of the voter.

Reply to
gfretwell

"Democratic Party" appears oxymoronic to me.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

... like Republican think tank .. ? :-) John T.

Reply to
hubops

...and then tweeted the exact opposite.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca formulated the question :

Nice!

Reply to
FromTheRafters

Because that's the party's name.

Calling someone or something by the wrong name is a standard way to insult someone, and that republicans do it.

I've heard them do it in the same sentence where they're claiming they "can work across the aisle with the Democrat party". What a liar.

And your convention was okay? Regardless, the Democratic convention has nothing to do with the name of the party, except it's another example of the proper adjective.

If you want to be a nasty snot, use Democrat as an adjective. Oh yeah, I forgot, you're the one who called me a liar and then ignored what I said and played dumb when I pointed it out. As much bravery and honor as a smashed tomato.

Reply to
micky

Very intersting. I didn't notice it until maybe 12 years ago. Maybe it's increasing because the Republicans are descending.

Reply to
micky

I just think it is more accurate. A party that sends enough super delegates into a convention to override the vote of the people is not democratic. They are just democrats

Reply to
gfretwell

OK you explain the function of super delegates who do not reflect voter intent. They only reflect the opinion of party bosses.

Reply to
gfretwell

Political parties are not democracies except insofar as they set up their rules to reflect the outcome of some sort of election or other choosing process.

They could decide to pick their candidate's name out of a hat and it would be within their rights.

Although a cage match fight could be more fun for the onlookers.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

We had that last Tuesday but Chris Wallace kept getting in the way.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

They did that in 2016 with only one name in the hat.

Reply to
rbowman

Exactly.

Reply to
gfretwell

They always have primaries if there is an open seat. It is unusual to primary a sitting president. LBJ would be an example tho.

Reply to
gfretwell

Nothing that matters ;-)

Reply to
gfretwell

Yeah, I used my toes to count. They have numbers tattooed on them.

Best you can do is call names? Pathetic.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski