NYC Area - Where to buy "nicer" wood?

Anybody from around here? (New York City) Where do you go to buy stuff you can't find at HD? I'm not looking for Bubinga harvested strictly by missionaries, mind you. But a place to get furniture grade plywood and solid wood that's not twisted like the Red Baron's propeller would be nice.

Where exactly near NYC?
Furniture grade and exotic plywood Honerkamp in the Bronx or Central Islip (never been to the one in Islip). http://www.honerkamp.com /
Hardwood A big outfit in White Plains and Stormville (worth the drive even if the other location is closer). http://www.condonlumber.net /
A small outfit Wood-ply was a small, kinda odd place with some nice wood, but I'm not sure if they're still there - I haven't been there in three or four years and the web site seems to be gone. They weren't the most internet savvy about their site in the first place, so maybe they hid it on the net somewhere. Worth a call to find out. http://www.yelp.com/biz/wood-ply-lumber-corp-freeport R
On 9/30/2011 12:40 PM, RicodJour wrote:

I live in Queens, but all of the locations you mention are reasonably accessible by car. Thanks.

Perhaps www.woodfinder.com can help.
-- In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. -- Albert Camus

Try Willard Brothers in Lawrenceville NJ.

I live on Long Island. Here are two places I would go:
http://rosenzweiglumber.com/ In the Bronx. I've visited here but not bought. They have a LOT of different species and will deliver (free I think) for an order over $300.
http://www.robertsplywood.com/ In Deer Park, LI. I have bought here. Nice folks, good selection of both plywood and hardwood. Good luck, Bill Leonhardt