Now Which Miter gauge??

Page 4 of 5
On 6/6/2011 8:10 PM, Leon wrote:

AND THEN I CALL YOU HENRY. O! M! G!
sorry , sorry, sorry.... I just met a new neighbor whose name is Henry.
Thank you EDWARD
On 6/6/11 8:12 PM, Leon wrote:

HAHA!! Leon, it appears you have what my mom calls Halfheimer's. :-)
--

-MIKE-

On 6/6/2011 8:34 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

I am also claiming lack of sleep. Saturday night a neighbor's 2 Pit Bulls went after it barking non stop from 1:00 am Sunday morning until about 5:00 am Sunday morning until animal control picked one up. Three times neighbors called police, 5 squad cars showed up on 3 different occasions that I know of and I got to meet 3~4 of my new neighbors out in the street at about 3:00 am in the morning. This barking has been an on going problem and it came to a head early Sunday morning. Had the police not come there probably would have been a lenching. We all damn near rioted because the owners of the dogs would not answer the door. One of the dogs escaped his back yard 3 times that night so he was able to spread his non stop barking through out the immediate neighborhood. The police were so pissed that they told us exactly what we needed to fear to legally shoot the dogs.

L:
Insomnia works in wonderous ways. Who was that unsleepyhead who initially got the Incra model he owned wrong earlier in the thread? Oh, me. It happens with everybody.
Somehow related, here's a story for your neighborhood.
A neighbor's dog is barking ferociously at night. The couple next door keeps waking up. It gets to where the blonde wife punches her husband. But he just rolls over and pulls the pillow around his head. Finally, she punches him hard, he does the same thing and she announces "If you're not going to do anything about it, I am." He rolls over.
She rushes out of the bedroom. She returns after a few minutes and triumphantly climbs into bed. The dog starts barking wildly again.
Her husband raises up, looks at her and says "I thought you fixed that." She says, " I sure did. I put that damn dog in our yard. See how they like it now."
Regards,
Edward Hennessey
On 6/6/2011 10:45 PM, Edward Hennessey wrote:

Now that is FUNNY
On 6/6/11 9:59 PM, Leon wrote:

Sounds like some of the people in my neighborhood. I don't know how people have to be raised in order to have complete disregard for their neighbors. With most people (I optimistically still believe) if they were woken up by their own dog's barking, would immediately be in a cold sweat, thinking, "OMG, what will my neighbors think?" and they'd go out and shut the dogs up.
Back in Ohio, I had two neighbors. One would bend over backwards to help you.... salt of the earth types. The other had a dog that barked all night. One day, I couldn't take it anymore and went over to talk to them about it. They said, "Well, a dog is gonna bark at deer and another animals. They're just being dogs." I said, "That's true, but how about if you take him in for the night." Their reply (not making this up), "If we take him in, he'll keep us up all night, barking to be let out."
--

-MIKE-

On 6/6/2011 10:58 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

The dogs owner, the wife, told me yesterday that the problem dog was gone. I told her that if the other dog keeps me from going to sleep that I would see to it that they would not get any sleep either.
I am not trying to be an ass but as you said some people are stupid.
Oddly they try to explain the whys. I explained the results.
On 6/6/11 11:23 PM, Leon wrote:

No better than these idiots with mufflers that make the car louder than if it had no muffler. Or... I may catch some flack for this.... Harley riders. The only purpose of these cars and motorcycles is for the drivers to wave a big flag in the air saying, "look at me, look at me!!"
I'm sorry, but if you drive one of these cars or ride one of those bikes, you're an inconsiderate jerk. If you do so at night or worse, in the early morning hours, you're just a complete moron and a first class douche nozzle.
--

-MIKE-

Those are woodpeckers. Just making noise to say "Lookie!! I'm here"
--
Best regards
Han
On 6/6/2011 11:59 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Actually if you were a motorcycle rider and or more specifically a Harley rider you would feel safer on a Harley than the typical Jap bile. I have had 2 Yamahas and a Harley. The Harely was the second bike. I did not ride the Harley for the sole purpose of boosting my testosterone.
Until you have ridden both bikes in heavy traffic you may not understand the advantage the rider has riding a louder bike. I got bumped in to when stopped at stop lights and had more close calls from not being seen on the freeway on the quieter bikes than the Harley. The louder sound from the bike is a defensive feature that naturally comes with the bike. The other motorists may not see you but they certainly can hear you.
Having said that most of the "loud" Harleys are simply running open pipes with not restriction or mufflers. Now those are irritating, the Harley is loud enough with mufflers.
On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 07:09:45 -0500, Leon wrote:

That may (or may not) have been true in the past, but with the plethora of drivers entombed in their autos with the stereo blasting and/or a cell phone conversation going, your point is certainly not true today.
Fire and police departments around the country have complained about drivers either not hearing or ignoring their sirens. If they won't get out of the way of a fire truck do you really think they'll pay attention to a motorcycle.
BTW, I am a rider and have been for 60 years. My current bike has a fairly loud muffler on it although certainly not a straight pipe. I had another bike that was much quieter. I could tell no difference in driver response.
I have wondered about the availability of a diesel locomotive horn for the bike :-).

On 6/7/2011 11:53 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

Getting an uneasy feeling about that state of affairs, and after some heart stopping near misses, I was strangely relieved when my Sportster was stolen in 82 and decided not to replace it. Haven't ridden since.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 6/7/11 12:09 PM, Swingman wrote:

There's a reason emergency room personnel refer to motorcycle riders as, "organ donors."
--

-MIKE-

On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 13:13:58 -0500, -MIKE- wrote:

Well, I've still got all of mine after 60 years of riding :-).
There was a study quite a while back that had some interesting conclusions on motorcycle accidents. See:
http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~john/vfr/hurt.html
For those who don't want to read the whole thing, here's an interesting excerpt:
"19. Motorcycle riders between the ages of 16 and 24 are significantly overrepresented in accidents; motorcycle riders between the ages of 30 and 50 are significantly underrepresented. Although the majority of the accident-involved motorcycle riders are male (96%), the female motorcycles riders are significantly overrepresented in the accident data."
No data on 74 year old motorcyclists like me :-).

On 6/7/11 6:19 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

I have a saying. "There are no fender benders with motorcycles." Doesn't really matter if every motorcyclist is the safest driver in the world. If you're driving a car and someone cuts you off, you pull over and call your insurance agent. If you're driving a motorcycle and someone cuts you off, you call life flight.
--

-MIKE-

Harder to "cut off" a bike though. Fit through much smaller spaces, and are more maneuverable.
says...

In Paris, on the Boulevard Priferique, 1 foot on either side of the dashed line between the 2 left-most lanes is reserved for motorcycles. Truly scary ... at least to 1 passenger ...
--
Best regards
Han
On 6/8/11 12:35 AM, J. Clarke wrote:

Yeah, I've seen those guys "maneuver" there way into a fishtail, lose it, and end up with road rash for the next 3 months.
The driver who cut them off, meanwhile, just drives on, totally clueless as to what they just did.
--

-MIKE-

ATGATT.

On 6/8/11 2:01 PM, J. Clarke wrote:

Sorry, I'm not privy to these abbreviations you youngsters are using these days.
--

-MIKE-