no-melt saw blades

I'm trying to identify a saw blade appropriate for cutting lexan. I've noticed that Forrest offers one, but it's on the order of $170, which seems semi-insane. Are there other high-quality blades available for cutting lexan?
Thanks.
We use the forrest blade here and it is worth the money....We paid 250.00 5-6 years ago.....Brian
"Jon DePlumme"

I wouldn't pay over a hundred dollars for a blade. I cut polycarbonate (Lexan is a brand) quite often. All that's needed is a triple grind tooth. 80 teeth on a 10 inch blade gives great results. Sears has one that I use for aluminum but it cuts plastics quite well also, for $65.
"Fletis Humplebacker" <!> wrote in message

Would a 200 tooth blade be good for this? I bought one for plywood, but I may want to play with plastic at some point.
"Bill Stock"

That's alot of teeth! I think you mean the small toothed stamped blade. It might get by with acrylics but polycarbs are going to melt and create problems. Ask me how I know.
"Fletis Humplebacker" <!> wrote in message

Yep, it's a cheap steel blade Canadian Tire sells for plywood. But it was only $18 CDN.

Hi Fletis, I use a 80 tooth TCG with good success. Cheers, Jg
Fletis Humplebacker wrote:

the time with no problems. I do raise the blade height way up so the teeth aren't in the cut a long time, using the guard of course.
HTH,
Paul