New Jet saw for $0.79 !

No I'm not selling anything. I came across these instructions and followed them to adjust (fix is more like it) my saw. The raising wheel on my Jet saw always had freeplay and bound since the day I unpacked it. I just thought that was they way they were designed.
Truthfully I didn't follow all of these instructions. I just replaced the fiber (paper thin) washer with a standard washer and it fixed the freeplay and the binding.
You can see the worm gear by removing the table insert and looking inside while operating the raising wheel, power disconnected of course. The worm gear on my saw moved back and forth almost 3/8" at some points before 'engaging'. Putting in a standard washer was just what mine needed to remain engaged constantly, it really does seem like a new saw.
http://home.pacbell.net/jdismuk/jetfix.html
--
Too much is not enough!

Ray

I did something similar on my Delta Contractor saw. Satisfiying, eh.
-Dan V.

Hey Leon,
THANKS! I have bitching to myself for months about all the slop in my Jet saw. Never gave it a thought that it could be adjusted out.
Bob

I don't have that problem with my DW TS but I've admired your work at your website (and the website) so I checked out your page on this. Well, I've seen tech bulletins from major companies with much less attention to detail. It's inspiring to see work so well done. -- Igor

Like to take the credit, but it is not my website. I just found it while searching for dust collection ideas.

A simple "you're welcome" would have sufficed. (insert smilie here). Now that I review your original post, I see my sitake. Anyway, Kudos to the actual author. -- Igor