I'm not getting anything

Nothing has come through on d-i-y since 20 November and then only a reply from Roger to something about CH.

Not even a brief post I sent.

Please can someone let me know if this has arrived, by mail if necessary.

snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Thanks to those who mailed.

I have to tell you all, admit - confess, very 'umbly - that for some reason I'd changed the settings to some kind of alphabetical order ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Let me see if I can paraphrase the situation you faced......

You aren't getting any. For some reason whatever it was you were attempting to get it from you decided to change the settings. I don't quite understand the bit about alphabetical order so you'll have to explain that further I think.

Which all goes to show - if it ain't broke don't fix it! ;)

The important thing for the listeners of this thread is that you are now getting it again, or so it seems...... ;)

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Well ...

No, I didn't make a conscious decision. However, I'm only human (despite opinions to the contrary) and anyone can make a mistake. It only needs a misplaced finger.

Oh, don't worry your pretty little head about it (I'm quoting something else I don't understand ... )

I prefer, "If it ain't broke - break it." Sums me up anyway.

Yes and I'm very grateful. I was experiencing withdrawal symptoms and only the memory of the Northern Meet (at which you were mentioned) satisfied me.

Oh joy ...

But as you say, it's all here again and I can sleep easy in my bed.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Are we talking about DIY here or....

Let me rephrase that...

errrrrmm...

This is all very confusing and has nothing whatsoever to do with caustic soda does it?

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

Well, I was beginning to wonder too ... according to some on this ng a woman can come to a lot of harm with NaOH.

I never did :-(

But there most certainly wasn't any funny stuff on Saddleworth Moor.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Oo-err!

Ah, foundation hospitals and all that.

Thought my ears were burning. Oh well, off for another identity change I suppose.....

PoP

Reply to
PoP

There was about 40 years ago. However that's far from a joking matter for the parents of the children concerned, and may the perpetrators of those nasty deeds rot in hell for eternity.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

I know what you mean. Hearing the test of the siren for Broadmoor every Monday morning at 1000 is a reminder of it housing some of the most unpleasant people from our society.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I know. I can never pass that area on the M62 without a cold feeling.

It's worse, of course, when on the Moor - but you can't keep away from an area because of its horrific history, there'd be nowhere left to go.

Indeed, I think of them often.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

OY! Don't blame me for that!

No, avoid the heat by going to the next one.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Maybe they'll put smokers there.

Reply to
stuart noble

"stuart noble"

Reply to
Mary Fisher

We hear the siren too. I've always wondered just how effective it really is.

If one of the divots got out of Broadmoor I don't know that the sirens would do much good for the local population. It feels like a hangover from the last great war where sirens would sound to alert the people to an impending bombing raid.

Someone who had been inside Broadmoor (as a staff member, not a resident!) told me once that they have to be really careful where the inmates are concerned. Some of them know how to twist your mind etc. Reminds me of Silence Of The Lambs.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Let's see. Bracknell to Leeds-ish. Set off early Sunday morning, can be there by Friday lunchtime.

I think not......

PoP

Reply to
PoP

When I hear test sirens it still has a chilling effect on me ...

Mary>

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You don't have to walk. And we have a spare bed.

Go on, expand your mind. How will you identify yourself?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You surely aren't old enough to hear the 2nd World War sirens?

Oops! Sorry, a bit too much wine with my evening meal tonight. I really shouldn't be asking a lady about her age......hic! ;)

PoP

Reply to
PoP

I'm talking about driving my tractor-lookalike vehicle.

Same as I did for the southern get-together. I stand at the bar and shout "My Round!".

PoP

Reply to
PoP

I am.

Ah but, as I've said many times, I'm not a lady. Don't apologise.

I was born in 1939 - before the war began. I didn't know anything else. I think of that when I hear of wars in other countries which have gone on for, sometimes, generations. It's the only way of life some people know - and not just children.

There, that should sober you. It takes the zest off my Muscadet ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher