Miter Saws: DeWalt vs Delta?

I'm looking for a 10" miter saw and wanted to get some input on the following:
DeWalt DW703 Delta 36-585 or MS350 (don't know the difference)
Actually there are several Delta 10" models, all close to $200, which is also about the price of the DeWalt. Any thoughts on these tools?

following:
also
How about the MS250? I expect it is junk because of the price, but I am not quite sure why.
usually DeWalt miter saws are very good....and not Delta's
--
Mike

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 19:46:37 -0500, "Mike"
I'm glad you told me. I've been using a Delta SCMS for about 2 years with great results. Out of the box it stunk. After about 30 minutes with some wrenches and some Starrett products, it's been wonderful.
Barry

I should send your email to some of my friends who bought a Delta ....they are not as happy as you are.... They've bought non sliding unit though....
--
Mike

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:05:46 -0500, "Mike"

Did they buy a cheap Delta or an upscale model? DeWalt and Delta both make some excellent tools and some not so good tools. Delta seems to offer a low end, like the $99 chop saw, that DeWalt dosen't attempt to match. Stating one brand of anything is blanket good or bad is often not true.
Mine is the $450 or so, Sidekick 10" SCMS, but I bought mine refurbed for $250.
Barry

following:
also
I think you have to probably decide yourself, but depending on your expected usage, I would choose is a 12" over a 10", especially if you are doing a lot of larger pieces. I've done numerous decks, porches, and even built a single car garage with my 12" cms. Oh, it's a older Rigid. Before the laser toy.
Dave
I have the Dewalt 703. I bought it last year for finishing the basement (framing, flooring and trim work). It was a dream to use. Lots of power, easy to handle and it hooked up easily to my shopvac. The only negative I have was that I had to be very imaginitive when I had to clamp down the piece I was working on.
Jim
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comAntiSpam (Ksu93dlv) wrote in message

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comAntiSpam (Ksu93dlv) wrote in

I've had a Delta CMS for about 4 years. Never again will I buy one. I'm looking for a new saw now and the DeWalt 12" dual-bevel is on my short list. Delta has lota of cheap saws but don't seem to compete very well at the mid to high end price point.
Problems with my Delta: 1) Motor brake broke after 1 year of light use 2) Miter adjustment gets easily jammed up with saw dusk. 3) Miter stops (ie 45degree) off by a couple degrees. 4) Not adjustable (maybe others are) 5) Miter adjustment stop screw is not very elegant. It gouges the metal and causes the bed to move when it's tightened.
Matt

Just a couple of thoughts - The blade you put in the saw will probably make more of a difference than the saw itself. Save your pennies for a really good blade.
FWIW I have the PC 12" - with a Forrest chopmaster blade in it, and I am happy with it.