MDF/Particle board for nursery

I am posting this for a friend who is ordering a bed for her nursery. She is worried about the building materials, and potential 'fumes' given off if she does not use real, solid wood. I'm wondering if there's any validity in this. Also, while on the subject, what finishes/glue would be infant friendly?
John
John wrote:

They use urea-formaldehyde glue in fabricating them so yes, thete is some off gassing. Should one worry about it? I have no idea but I rather doubt it. __________

To eat or be around? Hide glue should be OK on both counts; AFAIK, epoxy (when cured), aliphatic (yellow) and PVA (white) would be also. IOW, pretty much anything likely to be encountered.
--

dadiOH
On 05/03/2010 10:08 AM, John wrote:

There have been a number of studies that found potentially dangerous levels of formaldehyde due to off-gassing from baby cribs.
California took a few manufacturers to court over excessive levels of off-gassing.
There are solid-wood cribs available, and non-off-gassing mattresses. Preferably she should look for at mattress that doesn't have a vinyl cover.
Chris