Looking for better chisels...

Page 2 of 2
I have the Lee Valley chisels and they work fine. They keep an edge pretty well. I also have the Lie-Nielsen's and they are very nice. I tend to use them only for the "good stuff." They handle well, too.
For really high end, try Barr chisels. http://www.barrtools.com /
An attractive middle of the road chioce I'd check out the MHG chisels which are imported from Germany and sold through Hartville Tool. A set of 6 is about $125.
The Veritas Detail chisels (sold at Lee Valley) are also nice. They have one at 1/16'th, a useful size. I've found anything from Lee Valley with the word "Vertitas" on it is very high quality. A set of 5 is $135. See them here: http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?pageF035&category=1,41504&ccurrency=2&SID
[snip]
On 23 Nov 2004 06:19:10 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Never Enough Money) wrote:

I wonder if these are yet one more cousin of Hirsch / Two Cherries?
Barry