I'm baaaaaaaaaaack...

Page 2 of 2

===========Glad to hear you are up and about.... BUT I am a retired Pharmacist and there was a big deal about how inaccurate the PSA test really is not that long ago,..... Think I better do a little research since my results have always been very good.... should have done it long ago but procrastination was always my strong point.
Bob G
on 7/22/2005 1:11 PM Bob G. said the following:

Way too many factors involved in the PSA test debate to cover in one on-topic e-mail let alone an off-topic one<g>.
Suffice it to say that in my case it (PSA screening) likely saved my life and others here probably can say the same.
For more than you ever wanted to know about PCa, visit this site.
http://www.phoenix5.org /
A great place to get yourself educated about this very common and highly curable disease.
It was put together by a gentleman who died a year or two ago. He was diagnosed too late and so decided to make the best use of his remaining time. I, and many others, think he did.
Additional education may be picked up at alt.support.cancer.prostate
Bob G. wrote:

That is the reason the exact number is not that important but the change from year to year is of much greater concern.
Lew
"jo4hn" wrote in message

Best of luck to you ... looks like you caught it in time. On a sad note, just put SWMBO on a flight to AR this afternoon to see her 56 year old brother who was just diagnosed a week ago with _terminal_ cancer of the prostate ... he never took the time to get a checkup, or PSA, and now it appears too damn late. It's spread and right now they're trying to save one kidney so they can attempt to treat. Two months, to two years on the outside ... too young!
Take care of yourself ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/12/05

Fri, Jul 22, 2005, 12:50am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (jo4hn) informs us: <snip>. Had prostate cancer surgery last Monday. <snip> Ran acroos this by accident - checking on a previous thread of my own. Glad to hear you survived. Join the club. You can send your dues to me, all twenties will do fine.
Mine was colon cancer, 2000. I take it you'll have chemo , you'll "love" that. LOL Could be worse. In case you never saw it, or want to reread it. here's my story. Just stay optimistic. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/CANCER /
Later
JOAT Blessed are the flexible; for they shall never be bent out of shape. - Unknown
J T wrote:

annual checkups (Kaiser is pretty insistent) and they caught it early. No chemo or radiation. Hallelujah again.
Read your story. Glad you survived. As my cousin once observed: "Stay out of them hospitals. The doctors are all in cahoots with the undertakers."     mahalo,     jo4hn
jo4hn wrote:

Remember the old Redd Fox joke about the two brothers.
One became an obstetrician, the other an under taker.
That way, they had them coming and going.
Lew
Sun, Jul 24, 2005, 9:01pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (jo4hn) who doth sayeth: <snip>No chemo or radiation. Hallelujah again. <snip> Well, you got me beat there. But, do you have a female doctor giving you the finger? I do. LOL
JOAT Blessed are the flexible; for they shall never be bent out of shape. - Unknown
J T wrote:

get some or all of the hardware pulled out. The doc pulled the staples and put a new paper dressing on. Then the female nurse comes in, fills your bladder with water, pulls the catheter, and you pee. There is something about somebody coming in to fix your dick that proves that there is no dignity when hospitals are involved. Actually, it was all very professionally done and they didn't hurt me much. Glad to be home.     mahalo,     jo4hn
jo4hn wrote:

I worked at a hospital back in the 70's that had ashtrays decorated with the local funeral home's information in the cafeteria and snack bar. Quite handy, I would think....
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN