Help needed with kitchen cabinet goof !!

Hi, I've been doing a major remodeling through out the house, rewire, plumbing, window replacement and new wood floors. I've been making the kitchen cabinets in between these jobs. I'm finally at the stage to start installing the cabinet when I discovered a major goof. I have a

10' long wall with 2, 25" base cabinets with a 37" sink base in between. Add a range and we get the 10 ft. I now discovered that for some reason I made the wall cabinets the same width as the base cabinet below it, not the one above the sink though. That would leave me a 37" wide wall cabinet above the sink. I think that may look a bit odd. I was thinking making the cabinet above the sink also 25" and maybe putting in small shelves either side to fill the short fall. I'm really looking for suggestions on the best way to get around this goof without having to make a couple of 30" wall cabinets. All help appreciated. Mike
Reply to
Mike

snipped-for-privacy@nospam.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Build two smaller cabinets for each side of the sink, and fill the center with a small shelf unit, complete with under-cabinet lighting.

Reply to
Murray Peterson

Yep, see a lot of pictures like this in magazines. Looks goo, too.

Josie

Reply to
firstjois

Are you changing the height of the cabinet(s) over the sink? If so, I think a single cabinet could work and you could put a valance and light or maybe a shallow decorative shelf under the cabinet. Murray's suggestion would look fine too. In either case, you may want shorter or shallower cabinets over the sink or they might feel too close to your nose as you stand at the sink.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.