Howdy from the past.

Hi folks,

Some of the old Normites and Neanderthals my recognize me ad the woodworker formerly known as spokeshave.....

I just stopped it to say howdy, and advise y'all that I may be returning on a limited basis... See I got laid off last year from the computer industry (like so many others) and by a strange sequence of events, found myself to be working in Law Enforcement in TN.

I'm in the process of buying a serious basket case of a house and renovating it before July when the family unit moves down....

It's a darling little 1950's farmhouse on 2 acres of land, and the price is right, but it's a major case.... I mean, it was built in 1950 and NOTHING has been done to it since except for the addition of a "shop". So at least I'll have a good place to set up my base for Operation Bust-N'-Dust.

First order of business is a new rood as the ceiling is falling in in some places, and then the woodworking can begin.

To give you an idea of what I'm up against:

damned scary, eh?

Well I've gotta dash....... My Captain does not like it when we are late for Roll Call

-- John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.

MPD Blue

John,

I pinged you on the side also. Welcome back! Looks like some "cosmetic" repairs are in order I see....

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

Hi John,

Didn't need those bars on the kitchen door in the Granite State did you??!!

Goos luck and get them before they get you!

Jay in NH

Reply to
S S Law NH

Dear Spoke,

A man after my own heart!

I am hoping to buy my first house in a little over a year, and when friends ask what I am looking for, I tell them a crack house!

I am being a little factious when I say that, but your house is exactly what I am looking for. Good size, but cheap because it was not well maintained and only someone who has the skills could buy it and bring it back to life.

Nice to have you back, we missed you.

One note, install Nfilter, and you can filter out 99% of the stupid shit we didn't have to deal with when you used to hang out here.

Thanks,

David.

rec.ww FAQ

David F. Eisan

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 12:13:15 GMT, MPD Blue brought forth from the murky depths:

Wow, they got _laws_ there now? How bout 'lectricity?

It's good that you have lots of time, but start right away. Little projects like that seem to suck time as though they were using 250hp dust collectors, especially if they're done in your spare time.

What a _quaint_ little title for such a massive project! Roof, sheetrock, flooring, new kitchen/dining area, etc.

rip that old paneling off, time for a few more outlet drops. Man the people who lived there last were a real grimy lot, wot?

Reminds me of my old 1937 farmhouse in Vista. I'm glad I'm now in a nice, mid-60's home.

============================================================== Like peace and quiet? Buy a phoneless cord. http://www/diversify.com/stees.html Hilarious T-shirts online ==============================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Good to see a quality man back again, John. Given up on the horseshoeing, hmm?

Look forward to reading your posts again - sometimes funny, sometimes abrasive, but always factual, informative and based on experience.

Cheers

Frank.

Reply to
Frank McVey

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 12:13:15 GMT, MPD Blue brought forth from the murky depths:

Oops, missed that part, Spokie. Welcome back! How does it feel to be living outside of Gnu Hamster?

P.S: Time to update the dead links and unfinished articles on your site, Guntie. In your extra spare time, of course. I know your regular spare time will be used in refurbing that little house.

============================================================== Like peace and quiet? Buy a phoneless cord. http://www/diversify.com/stees.html Hilarious T-shirts online ==============================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Good to see you back and maybe stay for awhile. You will probably recognize a few names, but most have moved on.

I agree with your assessment of the house - it's a basket case. Good Luck!

Jon Endres

Reply to
Jon Endres, PE

Hi John -

Good to see you back...thought we'd lost you permanently to the RC world....:)

If you fire me off your mailing address, I'll make sure you're fixed up on the mailing list...we still have you at the old address...

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

"Save" it to a directory before opening.

Reply to
Swingman

I *did* buy a crack house. it was all I could afford.... and it has an

840 sq. ft. steel building in the back yard. frankly, I didn't care if there was a house there or not.

being a grunt in the residential remodelling industry finally pays off....

I'm having a hard time finding a download source for nfilter.

seems to be offline or gone. do you know another source?

thanks Bridger

Reply to
nospam

heh. found it.

nice thing, that faq, eh?

Reply to
nospam

Hello there,

Check my regular, *** How to filter out the Crap *** post.

A wrecker managed to DL everything before Nfilter went away, and is hosting it for us. Send him a big thanks.

Thanks,

David.

rec.ww FAQ

David F. Eisan

[snip]
Reply to
jo4hn

Wow! I haven't seen Anne Rockler (Action) Jackson chime in yet with little customer service goodies like this.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 12:13:15 GMT, MPD Blue scribbled:

^^^^ I see you still refuse to use a spell-checker. ;-)

Welcome back, John. Stick around for a while, will ya. BTW, if you want to put up the most recent version of the Anti-FAQ, I can send it to you.

Luigi Zanasi

Yeah, a 85 year old woman, who for the past 20 years, lived alone in the house. Her and her husband built it in 1950.. Sadly, she was committed to the mental institution out in Boliver, TN 6 months ago ;-(

-- John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.

MPD Blue

Can you say "culture shock", seriously, It's not all that bad, and I expect them to adjust in short order.

"I don't talk funny, Y'all listen funny"

-- John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.

MPD Blue

10-Q

hell NO!

and make quick work of my bank account!

-- John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.

MPD Blue

"Unisaw A100"

Might I presume this to be the Duke of URL's from Wisconsin

Reply to
MPD Blue