Newbie Howdy

Hi. My 1960's 2-story "cape" with single-car attached garage is in need of lots of TLC. One thing is the insurance rates will soon go up unless the house is rewired. Since the original wiring is old, and "Harry Homeowners" before me did various "electrical projects" rewiring is a good idea. This weekend I put in a new bath fan and cut holes in the drywall to pull new wire rather than reuse the old.

Rewiring will have challenges. On thing is the studs (upstairs at least) are only 2.5". New drywall is also a different thinness from that covering the walls & ceilings...

I also want to get 240v and more outlets in the gara^H^H^H^Hshop. ;-)

On the plumbing side, the upstairs shower / bath has plastic above the tub running to about 1' from the ceiling. Paint is flaking off above the plastic. The plastic has gotten loose in spots over 40 years and *nothing* I've tried seals the tub & plastic for longer than a month. The flex of the plastic breaks the best of sealers eventually.

My plan is to remove the tub & put in a shower with tile walls. I haven't done anything like this before so I'll be googling & possibly asking for advice.

Looking forward to exchanging ideas.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde