some folks

Quote from Coventry housing association insulation project:

"The works went really well and I had no problems. My house looks lovely. T= he difference in the warmth of my home is amazing, I have turned my heating= thermostat down from 22 to 15 degrees, it=92s really noticeable how much o= f a difference the insulation has made to my home. "

!

I suppose the thermostat could be broken.

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

"The works went really well and I had no problems. My house looks lovely. The difference in the warmth of my home is amazing, I have turned my heating thermostat down from 22 to 15 degrees, it?s really noticeable how much of a difference the insulation has made to my home. "

They walk among us, and get to vote.

mark

Reply to
mark

It is possible, I suppose, that although his thermostat was set to 22 he was losing so much heat that his house was only ever at, say, 12. In which case 15 would now feel hot (to him).

Reply to
Tim Streater

lol, never ceases to amaze how people just can't grasp the concept of thermostats. Fit their rads with TRVs as well, and their heads melt.

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

On a similar line there is now enough waste heat from the occupants and =

appliances that there is minimal requirement for additional heat. It doesn't say what time of year that quote was taken either. And along wit= h the insulation were the windows/doors improved, reducing/eliminating draughts.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Surely that would indicate a malfunction of the TRV?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

SWMBO doesn't understand thermostats. Or thermos flasks. Mine developed a fault, resulting in cold soup. She said it must be letting the cold in :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Very stratified air in their rooms.

Reply to