Thickness Planer

I looking at thickness planers and would like some feedback.. What I'm leaning to as of now is the Delta 22-580 or the Dewalt 735.. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Reply to
Ray

I own the Delta and have not seen the DeWalt, but the specs sure look good. Blade change is quick on the Delta, it is very capable. Woodcraft is having a 10% sale on Delta on December 13. After rebate it will be $309.

Either would be a good choice, IMO. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

The reviews say that both do a great job, with virtually no snipe. From a look-and-feel standpoint, the Dewalt makes the Delta seem like a toy. But that comes at a price... The Dewalt, I believe, is a tad over 100 pounds. I don't plan to move the thing around, except on casters in my shop, so I'll be getting the Dewalt.

Brian.

Reply to
Brian

Bought the 735 2 weeks ago and it is sitting in my shop waiting to come out of the box. I have other projects taking up my time for the next two weeks. I know another guy that bought it and he also bought the infeed and outfeed wings. I did not and will see how it works......I looked at both models since they were the only sub $500 units with two speeds. The three blades swung me to the 735......and I had a Lowes 10% off coupon that made the 735 only $430 + sales tax.

Be careful. after getting the planer you will want other toys...I also bought a Performax drum sander as another toy.

Reply to
bwbwell

have you used the Performax yet? Have you seen the recent woodcraft circular? there is one listed in there as being NEW. Model 10-20 Plus, for $500. Is that the model you have?

dave

Bay Area Dave

Reply to
Grandpa

you can bet it wasn't the 735, pa.

dave

Grandpa wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Reply to
Grandpa

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

No I bought the Performax 22-44 which sits on the radial arm saw column. My

25 yr old radial arm saw just sits in a corner for occasional cutoffs so I bought this model on ebay last week for $212. After the purchase I saw the Model 10-20 you are referring to. That looks nice and I would probably have bought that if it wasn't for the price of the 22-44.
Reply to
bwbwell