Howdy from the past.

Riight! Spare time, uhh, hum! Between being at the precinct for 06:15 for a 06:30 roll-call, working till 14:30, or later ...... For instance, today I got a "late call" at

14:10, I worked the crash, then follow-ups at two separate hospitals(4 victims total), then return to pct. and do the report, I didn't sign out till 17:15. Then attending University at night, mon-thurs, to get my degree in Criminal Justice, yeah Rewriting those web pages it right up there on my list of very important things to do. ;-(
Reply to
MPD Blue

MPD Blue responds:

Yeah. Something over 25 years ago, I moved from NY to Virginia. I may not have talked funny, but some of the natives did...couldn't understand but about every third word. Same today, but today it's my hearing, not their accents.

Charlie Self

"Say what you will about the ten commandments, you must always come back to the pleasant fact that there are only ten of them." H. L. Mencken

Reply to
Charlie Self

Citystate of the Vincible Overlord, located at the OTHER end of the state. For what it is worth, there are a fair number of horses in the Memphis area, but, a LOT more in Nashville... Regards Y'all Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt

You'll always be Spokeshave to me, John. Good to see you back.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

with Homer?

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 23:47:01 GMT, MPD Blue brought forth from the murky depths:

That's a shame. I'm surprised nobody helped her keep it cleaner. That door had handprints which had to be several years old.

So how the hell are ya, John? And how did you end up a LEA?

Y'know, now that you're back, I can blame my slow-to-complete bow saur on you. Weren't you going to put together a kit? ;)

============================================================== Like peace and quiet? Buy a phoneless cord. http://www/diversify.com/stees.html Hilarious T-shirts online ==============================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 00:06:59 GMT, MPD Blue brought forth from the murky depths:

(Do I hear tiny violins playing all over the world right now?)

Thought so. Hey, sunglasses in the rain? Are your pupils dilated, sir?

============================================================== Like peace and quiet? Buy a phoneless cord. http://www/diversify.com/stees.html Hilarious T-shirts online ==============================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Good to see you back, John. Made any spokeshaves lately? :-)

There are still a few Neanders around these parts, but most of them seem to have given up on this funny farm. (Paddy still makes an occasional appearance when there's a thread with the word "shellac" in it.)

Seems like the last time we heard from you was about the time that Rob and the boys at LV came up with their low-angle spokeshave. Any news on the woodworking front? Do you still have every plane that the folks at L-N offer? ;-)

I hope you hang around for a while. You might bring some of the oldtimers out of the woodwork. Ford knows we could use an injection of common sense and deceny around this loony bin.

Chuck Vance Just say (tmPL) And I still blame you for my spokeshave addiction.

Reply to
Conan the Librarian

"Conan the Librarian" wrote

But I did find a box of long lost cryo-treated Hock spokeshave blades (large and small) next time I fly home (tuesday night to be exact) I'll see if I can hunt them up and I'll post a FS.

Can't say as I blame then, I've lurked for about week, and I can see it's still the same old Charlie Foxtrot as it ever was if not worse. But fear not there is a new sherrif in town and his name is Reggie Hammond... err...... woops, wrong movie.

word "shellac" in it.)

Haven't heard from him in a Loooong time Visiting w/ O'Deen was one of my highlights of my frequest trips to the left-coast

Yeah..... I got one of them, GREAT tool indeed, IMO

The only wood I'vew been working is a 24" Ring-Grip Wood Baton

No I never had EVERY plane they offered..... but I have most of them (and a few they never offered ;-)

"common sense and deceny" are not words I've heard in a while, especially around this city.

Perhaps I should I arrest myself?

Reply to
MPD_Blue

Hmmmm.... would that be spokeshave your talking to? where ya been man? Its been a long time since I saw ya - Victoria was a baby...

You still in the cowhampshire parts? drop me a ping.....

--JD

Reply to
jduprie

Yes Indeed. I got dropped from the Once mighty Cabletron Juggernaught the week before last Thanksgiving. One thing led to another and somehow I'm a Law Enforcement Officer in Memphis, TN. Working in the Traffic Division out of the West Precinct which means I spend my day rolling from one crash to the next..... Soiling the soles of my boots with vehicle and bodily fluid of all types.

where ya been man?

Ummm..... well since July, that would be Memphis, TN

I'll be home later this week (flying in tomorrow) call me and well try and get together 603 219 38...... (yeah right like I'm gonna post my cell # on usenet, SURE !-)

-- John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.

MPD Blue

Cool. I can definitely recommend those blades. I've got the small one in a little cocobolo shave I made a few years back.

Well, we need a little law and order around these parts. (Congrats (?) on the new gig. Does the Memphis PD have a mountain bike squad? :-) (Oh, and things definitely are worse around here these days. Not as many Norm Wars, but the crossposters have been trying to disrupt things for a while.)

It's hard for me to say this, but the LV shave has passed my Guntershaves as my favorite. I still prefer the feel of a wooden shave in my hands, but I can't argue with the performance from the LV tool. I'm thinking I should get two of them and keep one set up for rough work and another for really fine finishing. :-)

Hey, that would look really snazzy in purpleheart. ;-)

Heh. BTW, have you tried any of their shaves?

Get right on it, Officer Fife. ;-)

Chuck Vance

Reply to
Conan the Librarian

"MPD_Blue" doodled digitally thusly:

Well no shit, ya big muther-effer. Ya up and disappeared. A highlight indeed. Me and you were hanging at an all-night burger place (the locals know it as Tommy's), when some chingon started bad-mouthing me (for no apparent reason other than he was perhaps drunk and bitter) in Spanish. It was too funny. The best part was after the nutcase sulked off into the night and Gunterman sez, "I was kinda hoping he'd take a swing at ya. We'd have had a blast kicking his ass!"

Glad to see you're busting heads for a living, now.

O'Deen

Just say (tmpl) I remember asking Spokeshave what town his wife is from and he answered, "Hooksett." And I said, "No, where she's from, not what she does for a living!" *rimshot*

OBWW - the hex shank on those drill/driver bit sets fits perfectly in a Barber (alligator jaw) chuck, turning your old brace into one badass screwdriving machine.

Reply to
Patrick Olguin

"Patrick Olguin" wrote

Well, I been busy doing a whole lot of nothing......

Now, now... I would never condone the busting of heads, that would just be plain wrong ;-) We are only allowed to cary a 26" Hickory Baton.. no ASP's for us. Supposedly the hickory baton will break before a skull will crack or bome will break (they call it "less than lethal force") Even our flashlights must be under a certain size and made of plasctic.

I have become known to specificly go after Handicap Parking violators with a particular vengance unseen before my arival. Being a former gimp it is a real pet peeve of mine, and I show NO mercy when I spot a abled body person park in a H.C. spot, hop out of a car, and trot into the store... I pull right up behind them (blocking them in) and start writing the citation."But, I was just running in for a minute." "Good, now you can _RUN_ into the bank and take out $100 to pay the fine."

ba-da-bing..

-- John G. Just say: "Wrote 17 short tickets on Monday."

Reply to
MPD_Blue

OBTROLL - You can cut the shanks of those old brace bits and then they fit in the chuck of that cordless wunderdrill from B&D you just bought at the Homee Despot. No, really! I read it in a wwing magazine, even!

FWIW, I remember when Spokeshave was Duct Tape, and before that, Gunterman. (Or was it the other way around?)

OBWW - lastnight, after getting really pissed off playing some idiotic computer game, I went out in the shop/garage and beat the crap out of a scrap of 2x4 with a hammer. Very cathartic.

Reply to
Jeff Thunder

Next time try a railroad cross-tie and a 5 pound hand-sledge. (Build up those pects and traps ;-)

Reply to
MPD Blue

You wanta real catharsis, beat up that cross-tie with my great grandpa's old railroad sledge hammer. I forget how much it weighs, but it has a huge hex head on it probably 4.5" across the face and about 8" long. Sucker's not easy to swing, but it packs a wallop.

Reply to
Silvan