How long should finish cure before wax

Folks -
I put two coats of Minwax Golden Pecan on the cradle yesterday, will do final coat today. How long should I let the finish cure before I put a coat of wax, or three, on it? I am planning on giving the cradle to my niece on Thursday evening.... Can I wax it on Thursday morning? I am keeping the cradle in a warm room to speed curing....
TIA
John Moorhead Lakeport CA
Hi John, Thursday of what week? If you are talking tomorrow, the poly will hardly be dry let alone "cured". Poly takes up to 30 days to cure with most of it happening in the first week or so. If you are waxing it to rub out the finish I think waiting a few weeks is the minimum time required. Cheers, JG
john moorhead wrote:

I agree. Patience is a virtue when it comes to finishing. Even paint takes a month to fully cure.