How long for concrete to cure?

Have now managed to finish the concrete base for the shed. Due to mixing by hand I done this over 2 days. (9x6 shed) How long should I leave (concrete to cure) before attempting to re assemble the shed, this should be interesting I just hope all my measurements are correct.
Also, will rain affect the concrete after 24 hours as I want to start clearing up all the rubbish including ploythene sheets as the other half is complaining that the back garden resembles a builders yard.
Taken me 60 years to get a back garden that looked industrious and now she complains :-)
On 03/08/2012 23:25, ss wrote:

It will still be "green" after a day or so, but should take light foot traffic by then. If placing heavy loads like a car on it, then it needs at least 7 days. So three to four days for a shed sounds ok. It will achieve about 50 - 80% typically of its ultimate strength in a month (reaching "full" strength can take years!).

Once its set enough to stop the cement being washed away, water won't hurt it... (concrete will set when submerged)

--
Cheers,

John.

On 04/08/2012 01:47, John Rumm wrote: ...

It is even carried by some long distance yachts as an emergency repair material for underwater holes.
Colin Bignell

Did you see how they fix leaking pipes, etc. on war ships? Cut wood to make a box around the leak and fill with concrete.

Theoretically, concrete never completely hardens. However it is usually taken that it has achieved 90% of strength in 21 days. How fast it cures depends on how hot it is.. You should be able to walk on it in 24 hours. Erect you shed in three or four days.
IMPORTANT Keep it wet down and ideally covered with plastic sheet for the next few days. This adds to finished strength enormously. Not really very clever doing a job like this in two lots.
On 04/08/2012 07:34, harryagain wrote:

Thanks all for the info.
"Not really very clever doing a job like this in two lots"
As per a previous post I had no choice really, budget run out and heart condition, although excercise is good its not wise for me to keep at it until finished like the good old days.
ss wrote:

Ignore him - it's a shed base, not the shuttle launch pad.
As others have said, few days, keep it damp until then.
--
Tim Watts

On 04/08/2012 10:57, Tim Watts wrote:

Depends on how ambitious you are in your shed ;-)

Indeed.
--
Cheers,

John.