Source of toroidal LV transformners?

One of these has gone and I cant seem to source another one..anyone know where to get a 50W LV (12v) mains transformer...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

brass monkey

Encapsulated or open wound? Rapidonline might have them under toroidal transformers. (their stock holding is a bit patchy & RS is overpriced)

Or you could try their modern replacement - no idea if they are any good or not:

might have one lurking in the garage intended for halogen lamps. Dunno what its rating is until I find it.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Oddly after I posted I remembered I had a spare one. I even remembered where it was!!!

So I'll put that in.

What seems to have happened us that electronic ones are now half the price of iron and copper ones,...so no one is making em any more!

Hang on to it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

For LV lighting?

Any electrical wholesaler:-

Dave Plowman (News)

ah that is good

as close as I need.

BUT the electronic ones are half the price these days, and often are dimmable as well.

I prefer totoids when I can get em for lower RFI.

The problem arose because the original ones - Newey and Eyre NLLV50 - are simply not stocked any more.

Copper prices have skyrocketed since I first installed them it seems - then the prices were a fiver for either type: Now toroids have doubled.

Anyway I found a spare so that OK for the next ten years..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They're often under 2 quid for the 20-60W ones...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

And you don't need a new MCB if using a few. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

well I didn't even need my spare. Nothing wrong with the transformer. just the mains wiring to it had been cut by something with very small sharp teeth......

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

???

Nick