Help with Air Nailer Choice

Am looking to buy a pnumatic nail gun and am looking for a bit of advice. What gauge/size do most of you find most versital? Mostof my work will be with edge moulding, frames, etc measuring under 1 inch in thickness with the occasional fencing project coming every now and then. As a side note, are the electric ones I see a credible alternative? Thanks for the help

You need at least 2 guns for what you want to do. For small projects with wood thinner than 3/4" thick you can use a brad nail gun. Wood 3/4" and thicker use a finish nailer. I generally use a brad nail gun when I only want to shoot 1" and shorter nails. I step up to a finish nail gun when I shoot finish nails 1.25" and longer.
That said, for all fence work you want to use a framing nail gun that shoots hails with heads.
Steer way clear of all electric nail guns. They will seldom sink the nail completely.
I just bought an electric brad gun to attach some 3/8 plywood to some studs. Most of the time, the gun failed to seat the brad all the way in, so I had to follow up with the hammer. Generally disappointing performance.
Leon wrote:

if you are going with one gun, I would go 16gauge. i have a framing nailer (Porter cable) 15 gauge (Dewalt) and 18ga brad nailer (Dewalt) I use the framer only on specific applications, the brad nailer gets most of the work, but you could use a 16 gauge to sit somewhere in the middle of both of them.
I like both the Porter Cable and Dewalt, 0 issues ever between 3 guns.
Aaron

I have two air nailers, both Craftsman, don't laugh, I paid $75 for the pair, like new condition! I have seen the same guns in a differant color, Porter Cable perhaps, I forget! The 18 gauge is only good for light trim work, thin edge molding, maybe a picture frame. The 16 gauge does a good job at door/window trim and baseboard. Either gun will sink a 2" nail in solid oak, but the 16 gauge has mare grab on the material. Greg
First air tool I had was a Craftsman-that was what sold me on air tools. Went out and bought a bunch more and a big compressor to run them. Love 'em!!!