Pnumatic Nail Gun

I have a pnumatic nail gun with will once in a while fire two nails with a single pull of the trigger. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Reply to
Russell Smith

Are you using nails recommended by the manufacturer and are you holding the gun steady against the work to prevent recoil misfire?

Reply to
Leon

Well, it depends. If the gun is fairly old, it could be that the triggering mechanism is worn a bit, and, is not providing the crisp cutoff necessary for accurate firing. With me, it is more often because I am pulling the trigger too slowly. To get a good shot, one has to kind of "flick" the trigger with a quick pop. A slow squeeze will often get a double fire. Of course, much of the time, I "bounce fire" by holding down the trigger and firmly tapping the tip of the gun against the items to be joined. I find that in THIS case, it works much better if I aim for a point about 2" past the point I want to nail. Much the same techniques used for breaking boards with one's bare hands. Regards Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt

It is technique. Mine does the same thing. It has the ability to fire with the trigger (and nose pressed down) or bump and fire (keep trigger pulled as you push down the nose). What was happening for me is that I would press the nose down on the workpiece then pull the trigger. I was pushing hard enough that after the first fire, the second was a bump fire because the nose came off the workpiece then back down before I could release the trigger. My technique for trigger firing is now to press only hard enough to get the nose in firing position, then pull the trigger. The impact allows the gun to be pushed off the workpiece hard enough that it is too far away from the workpiece to bump fire.

-- Tim

-------- See my page @

(seriously needs updating)

Reply to