Help find padlock for delta miter saw

I recently bought the Delta 36-255L compound miter saw (the one with the lasers). The child-safety mechanism is a hole in the trigger for a padlock. The presence of a padlock would prevent the trigger from being depressed, thus preventing the saw from being turned on by my 5-year-old.
The problem is I can't find a padlock that fits. Such a padlock would have these dimensions (where "hoop" is that bent metal bar on the top of the lock) - 3/16" hoop diameter (the actual bar diameter), 1/2" horizontally between the hoop "legs", and 3/4" height inside the hoop when locked. The height dimesion is from memory and is approximate.
Has anyone found a padlock that fits, or know of a specific lock that has these dimensions?
Thanks, Michael
I know bicycle locks that used to go through the spokes, from fork leg to fork leg would meet the length requirements
Dave

Would a cable lock (bicycle or gun lock) work? My gun lock is just like a bicycle lock, but is only about 10" long. Not sure if it's 3/16" though, might be 1/4".
Short-term fix is a bolt and a nylock nut or double nut it with a wrench. Doubtful a 5 year old is strong enough to undue it. Another method would be unplugging it and putting a lock box over the plug.
Bob S.

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:40:52 -0500, you wrote:

look 3 places... master padlock... www.masterlock.com i think- going by memory
ABUS, dont know their web site, but you could search
and as the other person said, lock through the plug, a VERY small Master padlock, which IS available.
--Shiva--
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:40:52 -0500, Michael Press

I don't know about others, but I found one at my local Wal-Mart. Works great!
Chris
Look at "lock out/tag out" kits from an electrical supplier. They also have pins that will lock out any plug with holes in the prongs.
I checked out my Delta 36-075 and it looks like the webbing in the switch handle is well away from the hole. Have you considered enlarging the hole to accommodate your needs ? Puff

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:40:52 -0500, Michael Press

Think "Luggage Lock".
Barry

I'd be curious how you like the saw. I was thinking of buying the version that bevels for trim work.
I have a friend thinking of buying your version because of the lasers. Do you find them accurate and useful?
How's the blade?
Could use a bolt thru hole, (drill a hole in bolt and put lock thru bolt).

Check your local luggage store or the luggage section at Wally World.
djb
--
There are no socks in my email address.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"