Hand plane question

I recently added a Hock iron to a user quality Stanley #5 I found on eBay. The Hock is quite a bit thicker than the stock iron, and also holds an edge much better. When set for a proper opening, the frog ends up with quite a set back from the body bevel.
Before I file the opening to match the set back position of the frog, does anyone else have any advice?
Thanks, Barry
Since the bevel goes down on these planes, there is no need to file the back of the opening unless it contacts the bevel and keeps the blade from seating on the frog.
--
Ross
www.myoldtools.com

I think it does. The frog ends up about 1/8 to 3/16" behind the body opening. The body appears to prevent the iron from laying flat on the frog face.
Barry
Sounds like that's what you have to do then................ I have heard of guys doing this, never did it myself. FWIW. Tony D.