Had lunch with Norm Saturday!

Page 2 of 2

Only that Steve was pursuing other interests. Norm also mentioned that Steve had a lot of interests...
What was kind of interesting was that Norm commented that he personally wasn't interested in becoming a pitchman (a la Vila) and that he was very happy on PBS. I'm not sure if one could read into Norm's comments that Steve was becoming a pitchman--we will have to see where Steve lands to find out for sure! Norm also mentioned Julia Child and that she had successfully spent her TV career on PBS.
John
<<What was kind of interesting was that Norm commented that he personally wasn't interested in becoming a pitchman (a la Vila) and that he was very happy on PBS. I'm not sure if one could read into Norm's comments that Steve was becoming a pitchman--we will have to see where Steve lands to find out for sure! Norm also mentioned Julia Child and that she had successfully spent her TV career on PBS.>>
Norm has, in fact, been a pitchman of sorts for a brand of kids' toys as well as a chain of athletic footwear stores. He's not the "mouthpiece" as Vila is but he has appeared in commercials. A couple of weeks ago, while I was driving through eastern Massachusetts, I heard Steve on a radio commercial. However, the "product" he was endorsing was energy efficient appliances but not any particular brand of them (i.e. "look for the Energy Star label and buy the most efficient one you can"). I was almost a public service announcement but it was sponsored by a commercial entity.
Lee