Courier Saturday collect service

Anyone know a courier that will collect & label a parcel and then deliver to another uk address. I have tried hermes and P2G to no avail, they cant guarantee they will collect on a Saturday.

One would think they could simply advise the driver, but no that would be too easy.

Reply to
ss

It would probably depend on where the collection is. One would think that more details could be provided, but, no that would be too easy.

Reply to
Richard

No carrier makes any guarantees. Some return your fee if it doesn't get to its intended destination on the allotted day.

I tend to use parcel shops but not sure if many carriers collect on a Saturday. Perhaps phone the relevant parcel shop and ask?

Reply to
Fredxx

Problem is it is being collected from a home address and the guy is being a pain he is out until 3.45 weedays and there is a drop off / collection shop less than a mile away but wont drop it off.

Collection is in Newton Le Willows WA12 if some kind soul wants to hold it for me and I can collect from them. :-)

Reply to
ss

If the sender won't play ball then there isn't much you can do.

Taxi to take the parcel to the drop-off point?

Reply to
Fredxx

Try these boys - they are an umbrelal for lots of sole traders

The Natural Philosopher

DPD ?

Reply to
Tim Watts

price would normally be around £10 those boys are around £70....too expensive

Reply to
ss

For what you want, it *will* be expensive. Why don't you just drive there and pick it up?

Reply to
Richard

600 mile round trip doesnt appeal.
Reply to
ss

And you think that £70 is unreasonable?

Reply to
Richard

Could you find a local bike courier that would take it the mile to the drop off point? They tend to be more reliable time wise, as they do fewer deliveries etc at one time.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Odd. someone used them to collect from me - said they were the cheapest?

Oh well.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

at 50p a mile thats £300 ...£70 sounds a bargain to me.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Maybe for you definitely not for me.

Reply to