Getting a Unisaw home

Sorry I haven't followed up before now..been working on building a fence (the outside kind not the tablesaw kind). Guy had extension table already disassembled when I got there, we removed the Biesemeyer fence, cast iron wings, and were able to lift the main body (including the motor) into the bed of my Ram pickup (and onto a piece of OSB). Rest of it was easy. At home I used a couple of 2x10's as ramps (after removing tailgate), slid Unisaw on OSB down the ramps into shop. Nothing to it.

No significant damage to me or the saw except for customary bumps & scrapes. More bruises lately (and absence from this group) from installing 1,100 feet of split rail fencing by myself. If you were standing outside this weekend you probably heard me.

Saw is 5HP X5 model, and dude threw in Excalibur sliding table and HTC roller outfeed (both of which I'll probably sell since I can't fit all in my shop). After 10 years of a Craftsman contractor saw, I could tell the difference in about 30 seconds. Couldn't be happier with the saw.

Cheers, and thanks for all the ideas.

Reply to
opalko

No significant damage to me or the saw except for customary bumps & scrapes. More bruises lately (and absence from this group) from installing 1,100 feet of split rail fencing by myself. If you were standing outside this weekend you probably heard me.

Saw is 5HP X5 model, and dude threw in Excalibur sliding table and HTC roller outfeed (both of which I'll probably sell since I can't fit all in my shop).

Sounds like a drive by gloat! You Suck!! :o)

Glad you got it all shifted ok.

Reply to
LDosser

Reply to