unisaw motors

I need a new 1 1/2 HP unisaw motor, anyone know any good sources ?

Reply to
mike hide

This is an excellent time to upgrade to 3 HP!

I've actually found my best motor deals, get this... LOCALLY.

Check your local Yellow Pages under "Electric Motor". I've bought machine motors, spa pump motors, etc... at very reasonable prices.

For CT residents, I've had excellent experience with a motor shop on Hartford Turnpike in Wallingford, just south of the Oakdale Theatre. I honestly can't remember the name of the place. He usually needs a day or two to get the exact fit, but he usually tests the old motor to see if he can simply replace starters or brushes, before selling me a new motor.

Grainger is another source, but the little local guy killed Grainger prices, and Grainger won't test what you've got.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

Hello Mike, I don't have an answer but a question; Are you replacing an existing 1&1/2 hp motor or are you going from a

230v - 3hp to a 120v -1 &1/2 hp? Just curious. Marc
Reply to
marc rosen

Ba r r y wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

The best deals on motors I have found are done with a google search. I was looking for a TEFC 2 HP for my pool and the local people wanted $160.00 to over $200. Found it for $100 shipped.

Reply to
R. Pierce Butler

I just replaced a 2hp 3 phase with a 3hp 1phase on a Unisaw that I picked up. I could not find a motor locally at a good price and bought one online from Plaza Machinery, from Bethel, VT. He has quite a few parts for woodworking and metalworking equipment. I wanted a motor with a good reputation for being balanced and vibration free, so I went with a Baldor. I know that there are cheaper brands that might work just fine, but I'm very happy with the Baldor. I think I paid $375.00 shipped for it. Joe's website is

Hoying Fort Loramie, Ohio

Reply to
Jack Hoying

Good Grief. The 1/4hp Baldor motor for my rock polisher lists at $335 for a replacement. I'll certainly check this place, if I ever need a replacement.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

just wanting to replace my .230volt 1 1/2 HP motor

Reply to
mike hide

it used to be called Accuwind but im not sure if they changed there name

Reply to
Jim & Sharon

I don't think you can buy a replacement 1-1/2 HP anywhere. I think you can get three HP Marathons or Baldors from Woodworkers supply.

You can get a Delta Service motor and I think they are less or about the same as WW supply. The last I heard, even though original equipment on Unisaws is now WEG, there is still service stock of Marathons. Doubt you can specify which but you might get the Marathon. Go on the Deltawoodworking servicenet and look it up. I just tried, but alas, I have forgotten my password. Must be old age.

Unfortunately, you just can't go to a motor supplier and get a standard motor because of the special mount. Unless those old units had a different mount, but I don't think so.

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

Don't know what kind of starter you have on the 1.5, but you may need to get a low voltage starter. Gary Parks Industries. WW supply has some aslo.

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

Excuse me that's Gary Parks Enterprises

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply . The motor has a special mount and no one offers a 1 1/2HP unit anymore seems the replacement is 3HP. mjh

Reply to
mike hide

Unless you no longer have the motor or it is physically wrecked, you might consider having it rebuilt rather than replacing it ... especially if 1-1/2 HP is sufficient for your needs.

You didn't mention why you need to replace the old motor ... and I'm not good at guessing!!! :)

Regards,

Rick

Reply to
Rick M

Sorry about that the spring loaded starter section disintegrated and tore into the motor windings . On disassembly pieces of wire and aluminum pieces were strewn on the inside of the case

Reply to
mike hide

how close are ya to N.C. and is this 3 ph or 1 ph? i have a 3 ph unisaw motor that was running fine when i got the saw and put a new baldor 3 hp 1 ph motor on it. i am not doing anything with the old motor. it is a 1740 rpm motor and i also have the pulley for it. hp unknown. prolly 1 or 2 hp. so mike or anyone else interested ping me. we can talk .

skeez

Reply to
skeezics

Plaza Machinery or Ebay, which usually has a few of those

1.5hp motors p> just wanting to replace my .230volt 1 1/2 HP motor
Reply to
Pat Barber

Reply to
Pat Barber

replying to mike hide, Jim wrote: I need a 2&1/2 go in ground pool Pump motor. Any idea of price Square flange

Reply to
Jim

Jim wrote in news:mnp7E.627547$ snipped-for-privacy@fx08.am:

I'll do it for $3 Billion. But you have to agree to meet and use your words to tell me what you actually want.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

GMTA! I was tempted to just tell him it would cost more than $20 and less than $500M. I thought that perhaps he would stop, think, and then realize what an idiotic question he'd just asked.

Then again I'm wondering just how big the existing OEM motor is that he can somehow fit a 2½ hp motor in the existing one.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused