Garbage for sale at Home Depot

Page 5 of 7

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:35:51 -0500, the opaque "Swingman"

If you have a problem with my posts here, Swingy, please feel free to plonk me instead of whining. (You're adding "needless political whining" here when you reply or complain, y'know.)
In Outleak Express, click the menu as follows: "Messages/Block Sender" and we're done. OK?
--------------------------------------------------- I drive way too fast to worry about my cholesterol. --------------------------------------------------- http://www.diversify.com Refreshing Graphic Design
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 07:10:12 -0500, the opaque "Swingman"
--snip--

That's why you took the time to quote and return it to the same woodworking forum, eh, Swingy?
--------------------------------------------------- I drive way too fast to worry about my cholesterol. --------------------------------------------------- http://www.diversify.com Refreshing Graphic Design
"Larry Jaques" spewed in various messages

The latter is called "context", Larry ... grow up, learn to restrain yourself a bit, and the former wouldn't be necessary.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/12/05

Um, I already HAVE a mother, but thanks for the lecture. So, instead of yet another lecture today, how about just filtering me or finding more tolerance? Thanks, and either is fine with me.
P.S: If you think you can single-handedly eliminate thread drift or off-topic posts on any (or all) of Usenet, you have another think coming. G'luck!
- Ever wonder what the speed of lightning would be if it didn't zigzag? - http://diversify.com Full Service Web Application Programming
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

What's sauce for the goose, Larry ... if you don't like your childish lack of restraint pointed out, ignore it, or filter it yourself.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/12/05

You're gone, bubba.
- Ever wonder what the speed of lightning would be if it didn't zigzag? - http://diversify.com Full Service Web Application Programming
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

lack
Yep, that's about par for your political potshot persuasion ... can't handle the heat generated by your inane, immature asides so you stick your head in the sand.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/12/05

Sounds like us. Last time I looked we had over 1000 books, most of them non-fiction. And we visit our local church^B^B^B^B^B public library every week :-).
--
BNSF = Build Now, Seep Forever

Went to buy some of that light colored plywood at one of the BORGs. You know - berch. Took the lumber desk associate literally about 5 minutes of pondering to come up with the spelling.
Oh, and they've never heard of melamine. Was I sure that was the correct name?
-snip-
Renata

<< Snip >>

Well, maybe not all of them- but it only takes one, after all. To be sure, I got a good deal on my house with all the little extras, but I shut up and paid the asking price as soon as I saw the place. I would have bargined a bit, but it has custom cabinets, doors and trim, as well as a landscaped yard and I was not willing to lose the bid. It's not a high-end mansion by any means, but the extras made the difference to me.

How long do you plan on staying there? It's your house, after all. If you're just looking for a quick turnaround, go for the barf- most people don't know the difference and wouldn't care if you explained it to them. If you're going to stay there a while, get what you like. As I said above, mine are custom, with ply doors, and I'm really quite pleased with them. They're not fancy by design, but the maple veneer on the ply was chosen for figure (or by some terribly odd accident) so they don't need any frills to look great, and they'll go with anything.
On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 04:59:12 -0500, Prometheus
-snip-

How long I'm going to be there is up in the air, but I've decided to go ahead and build 'em - the heck with future owners' appreciation. Looking for interesting ideas for doors (probably in a contemporary theme; I really like the cathedral style raised panel, but still not sure I'm going to go to THAT much trouble).
Related aside. Mentioned that I was thinking of adding a section of lower counter for kneading dough. Was told that the standard height works just fine and they have never seen such a thing, Very authoritatively told, I might add.
See, there's far too many of those type around.
Nevertheless, for however long it will be, it WILL be my kitchen so I'll do it my way.
Thanx Renata

I have seen several baking centers in custom kitchens. All the owners raved about them. One feature in two of them is a marble countertop. Apparently marble is alway cool and perfect for kneading dough.
Are there still folks out there who still cook and bake?
Lee Michaels wrote:

You missed the discussion of rolling pins over on RCW. My point exactly on the granite. Pie crusts HAVE to stay cold or they won't come out flakey.
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: daveldr at att dot net

My grandmother had a flour bin as one "drawer" under her counter. It was as wide as a normal drawer, but at least twice as tall. It tilted out on some sort of hinge at the bottom. The flour was right there where you needed it, lots of it, not stashed away on the floor of the pantry. When I get around to doing my own cabinets, there's definitely going to be one of those in them.
And the marble countertop would be good for making pasta; I always leave that dish for the winter. I like the idea of having the top at a lower level. Anyone out there have some pictures of such a kneading station?
- Owen -

Many of us.
Just because the kitchen has all the latest gadgets on display does not mean the owner uses more than canned or frozen meals though. Lots are just for show.
Come to my house for lasagna sometime. The noodles are made that morning. The sauce is made from tomatoes every August/September, the ground meat may be from our pig (have not had one for a few years though). some of the herbs are home grown. The cheese is store bought though.
There has not been a boxed cake mix in the house in 30 years.
Sure, we buy a lot of frozen veggies, and we don't mill flour, but the best meals are still made from scratch.
Lee Michaels wrote

Edwin Pawlowski wrote: snippage

Last night I made fajitas with pico de gallo, the night before pulled pork. My daughter will only eat spaghetti at one restaurant because no one else's is as good as my one. I haven't found a restaurant that makes pico de gallo better, or even close to, what I make. I suspect that many of us make food far better than you can get elsewhere, certainly better than any store-bought @$#%*.
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: daveldr at att dot net
Dave in Fairfax wrote:

Pico de gallo made in Virginia!!? Humph. Nothing made east of Alto Kaleefornia can be any good. ;-)     Toto's in Running Springs is damn good,     jo4hn
jo4hn wrote:

I grew up in the midwest, 'member? My buddy was 1/2 Chicano. His Mom taught me a fair amount of cooking by watching. Mine's better than any of the local Mexican/Latino restaurants, and we have LOtS of S/C Americans here as well as a lot of Mexicans (NORTH Americans). 'Sides, who wants alfalfa sprouts rather than cilantro in their pico de gallo. %-)
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: daveldr at att dot net

Huh? 1/4 Mexican with a racist attitude nastier than that of either race? (Chicanos in LoCal were not to be messed with, but the Latinos who called themselves American, Hispanic, Mexican, or Mexican/American were all great folks...'cept when they BBQed upwind from me.)

I learned a lot of good Mexican cooking while living in CA and made a chorizo burrito for breakfast the other day. (Like sausage, don't ask what's used to make it. ;)

Ewwwwwww! (While I like sprouts, cilantro is my favorite Mexican spice.)
- - Let Exxon send their own troops - ------------------------------------------------------- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Programming